Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2007-09-21 12:59:48

**_bdr_**

SP problems with Intel Mac

SP3 works well with Windows users, but Intel Mac users can use Safari only without the plug-in installed and it doesn't work at all using a Firefox web browser.  Does anyone else have this problem with Intel Macs?

#2 2007-09-21 15:49:26

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: SP problems with Intel Mac

I have an iMac, with Intel processors, and a Dell PC. Both work for me. I'll try Firefox on my iMac and let you know if I run into any problems.

When using Firefox on the Mac, do you have the plug-in installed?

Jorma_at_RealEyes

#3 2007-09-21 17:01:22

**_gprivat_**

The entire Connect Pro product management team is using Mactel with both Safari and Firefox (and Parallel).  So be sure we do not forget the MacTel platform.

Once I have experienced an issue where the meeting add-in did not launch.  The reason was that the Flash Player had created multiple shared object directories on my computer.  I deleted them all but one and everything worked without any issues ever since.

Try to go to [macname]\library\preferences\macromedia\Flash Player\# shared objects
There, delete everything but one folder.

Guillaume

#4 2008-04-28 14:13:37

**_rocketman-00_**

Recent Connect (standard) user on an Intel Macbook Pro (10.5.2).   I can share my desktop with others, but it does not appear in the Share Pod as it should (have to use 2 monitors, which is clunky at best). I have searched the forums and tried to resolve with what I found there... (deleted Macromedia user pref and reloaded the Connect add-in via Safari rather than Firefox per a posting I found there). Still doesn't work. Any ideas?

#5 2008-04-28 14:33:15

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Rocketman,

Are you trying to see your screen in the share pod? I ask because it is not supposed to show you your screen in the share pod, you should just be seeing you screen, while the other users see your screen in their share pod. If you are using two monitors you can use the preview mode on the share pod to see your other monitor, but that is the only way.

If you only have one monitor and you preview your screen share in the meeting room you will get a recursion of a the meeting room within the meeting room within the meeting room within the meeting room, etc.

#6 2008-04-28 18:34:24

**_rocketman-00_**

Yep, I was expecting to be able to see my desktop within the SharePod view... otherwise the video, chat and notes end up on another monitor or buried. Thanks much for clearing it up, I guess it's a small issue overall - just tried a test run of WebEx Meeting Room and was not impressed. Thanks again.

#7 2009-01-05 16:52:51

**_Rand_Nelson_**

Hi,

I am using an iMac and Windows XP on Boot Camp/parallels. I have been using Firefox for Connect meeting on both systems for several months and have not experienced problems. I don't however, have a lot of people attending meetings - rarely more than 4 at a time. I doubt that Firefox is your problem.

I did have some web site issues when using Safari - not with Connect however. It too seemed to function smoothly for Connect participation. I have the plug-in installed for both systems.

Rand Nelson

#8 2009-01-06 05:29:26

**_santhony_**

One of the things I can suggest is going through and making sure the plugin is completely cleaned off your system. Although I have not seen the behavior under Mac OSX, I have seen similar problems under Windows.

Delete the connectaddin folder (or folders if you have multiuple versions installed) in the following location:
Macintosh HD/Users/[YourUserName]/Library/Preferences/Macromedia/Flash
Player/www.macromedia.com/bin/connectaddin6x5

Restart your Mac

Update Flash Player

Rejoin a meeting room allowing it to reinstall the plug in.

If that doesn't work, let us know I may have another idea or two then.

Last edited by **_santhony_** (2009-01-06 05:30:43)

#9 2009-01-06 20:34:57

**_philip.roy_**

You say SP3, but we're not up to that with the latest version of Connect?

Also, try creating a new user account on the Mac and logging in and joining a meeting under that account. If that works, then it's Mac related, specific to a user account.

Phil

#10 2009-02-27 13:26:17

**_connectguy_**

And check to see that your screen resolution is not above 2000 pixels in width or height. 
Many of the Mac cinema displays have native resolutions higher than this.  There is a known issue where the add-in does not work with resolutions higher than 2000 pixels.

#11 2009-12-13 23:55:28

**_marryjohnson_**

Help, I can print from my Intel MacBook 10.5.4 to my Epson stylus photo R800 using USB just fine thanks to the recent posts. However, I cannot print via my TRENDnet wireless print server without the color looking faded. The driver is Gutenprint 5.1.3.
Thanks

#12 2010-03-30 08:56:45

**_lisajones_**

I've had the same problem. Will try to fix it with the help of all the good advice that has been given in this thread. Thanks again.

#13 2010-04-20 21:30:22

**_Beankyu_**

That is really helpful. Thanks for your sharing.

#14 2010-05-10 04:46:25

**_Jenna_**

It helps a lot
Thanks

#15 2010-06-29 03:07:50

**_bigMMMfan_**

I've run into such trouble and had a tough time before found the solution myself.How I wish I could have stumble onto your post.

#16 2011-02-07 18:57:31

**_jd3m3_**

Apple has released an updated MacBook Pro model that dispenses with the Intel Core Duo processor in favor of the new Intel Core 2 Duo.

#17 2012-08-31 00:27:22

**_batlon13_**

I've had the same problem. but you discuss about the problem. so its really helpful for me and thanks for share it.

Board footer