Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-06-25 07:16:43

**_thomasattrp_**

Can Adobe Correct Cumbersome Layout Management?

We are conducting a meeting with ACP with multiple layouts.  There are more layouts than there is room to show them at the bottom of the screen where the layouts tabs are placed.

For the layouts that are not readily visible, it is necessary to click the little right arrow to cause the ones on the far right to become visible.  Then,  when we click on our chosen layout (made visible by clicking on the arrow), the layout tabs revert to showing the ones to the left.  Since our next layout is to the right of the one we are using, we must again click on the arrow and slide the hidden layout tabs into view, then click on the one we want.  This is cumbersome especially in the heat of the meeting, we're using a live video stream, and our participants are waiting with anticipation what is coming next.

As soon as we find and click on the tab of one of the hidden layouts, the layout opens, and the tab disappears to the right. 

Question:  Would it be possible to fix the layout tabs so that the open layout is somewhere in the middle of the layouts that are in view?  This would allow the presenter to see layouts on both sides of the open layout without having to scroll for the one the presenter is looking for.

ACP is now in the refinement stage. Looking forward to continuing refinement of this wonderful product.

Thomas

#2 2009-06-25 09:07:48

**_roysdenc_**

Re: Can Adobe Correct Cumbersome Layout Management?

Hey Thomas - If this is the behavior, I completely understand your request, however I have a question.  What are all of your layouts?  This is more out of curiosity than anything.  I think I have seen you post before about the number of layouts you use but never asked, so thought I would take this opportunity to inquire why you have so many layouts and how they differ.  What is your use case?

Just being curious,
-Chris

#3 2009-06-25 10:29:34

**_thomasattrp_**

Certainly.  We have a layout for each topic.  Most topics have ppt slides associated with them. We find that moving from layout to layout allows for a transition (we change presenters while this is happening), we might have polls already set up in the layout, we have videos with layouts of their own, etc.   A particular layout may have only 2-3 slides, some many more, so when it is necessary to go in and revise we only have to change the slides we use in a particular layout, not the entire slides show.  Even with live streaming video through the video pod, the layout change hardly impacts the video and doesn't seem to impact the voice transmission.

We also may have a meeting where some layouts are used and others not.  Typically we will move the ones not being used to the far right.  This situation is not a normal one for us, but occurred in a series of sessions that we conducted today and yesterday.

Thomas

#4 2009-06-25 10:40:30

**_roysdenc_**

Good to know.  We have had some events where we use this strategy with the layouts, just not to this extent. 

Thanks
Chris

#5 2009-09-09 10:02:34

**_Oliver.Kilb_**

Yes, I have the same situation here. Either I number my layouts ("01", "02"...) and have a translation sheet lying next to my keyboard or I have to use the arrow.

Using multiple rows for layouts might be another solution.

Oliver

#6 2010-10-24 22:04:24

**_Rodora_**

HI - So, what is the resolution?  Where can I find it?   Thanks!

Board footer