Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2007-09-11 17:49:25

**_jlambert_**

Secure Access to Replays

Any suggestions on how to secure recordings from public access, but without having to make each viewer a user?

Ideally, I would like to just require a unique password for each recording. I suppose an option is to create a confidential user ID and password and give them both out to authorized viewers. But I would still have to create a user ID and password for each recording I want to secure.

#2 2007-09-12 10:16:22

**_michael_**

Re: Secure Access to Replays

If you are mainly concerned about having a somewhat obfuscated URL, you might consider moving the meeting archive into the content folder structure, and then using the "E-mail Link" feature to generate a unique URL.  You also get the benefit of being notified when someone views the content via email.

Otherwise, I don't believe there is a mechanism in the product to do this today, but there are a variety of ways in which this could be accomplished via a custom application.

It might be helpful to understand whether or not it is important for you to be able to track individuals, or if you are just concerned about a simple challenge question/password to enable viewing.

#3 2007-09-12 11:54:22

**_jlambert_**

Tracking is a nice to have, but not required. I will want to see the number of viewings that have taken place.

A simple challenge question/password to enable viewingwould be fine.

#4 2007-09-14 21:55:24

**_Hotdog_**

If a simple challenging question would suffice then I might suggest an initial On-Demand Presenter generated short answer quiz question which if it were answered correctly would first take the person to the next slide (hidden otherwise) which would have the required login and password for the recorded session, then the slide properties could be set to go to that url which would then require the until then unknown login and password.

#5 2007-09-15 07:11:48

**_dotnetster_**

Hi there,

I'm not sure if my question is related to this question, but i'll ask it anyway.  Is is possible to somehow (1) set an expiry date on a recorded presentation - this expiry date would be per user/presentation, so my expiry date may be different than your expiry date for the same presentation, or (2) limit it in such a way that the person can only view the presentation say X number of times?

My client is worried that someone could pass the url of the presentation to a colleague and they would have access to the presentation.  Is there a way to prevent this from happening?

Thanks in advance...

dotnetster

Last edited by **_dotnetster_** (2007-09-15 07:14:49)

Board footer