Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2007-09-13 15:34:54

**_dotnetster_**

Am I missing something?

What's to stop me from going the PPU (pay per use) route.  Downloading Adobe Presenter 6.2 for free.  Making Presenter presentations, uploading them to the Adobe server, and then linking to them from my website?

What would happen if I never had held a live webinar?  Would I get charged when someone viewed the content that I uploaded?  Just a thought!

dotnetster

#2 2007-09-13 17:42:20

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Am I missing something?

Answer to your first question, nothing. But I would stay away from the PPU account. It can get very expensive very fast and can become cost prohibitive. I believe that with a PPU account you pay based on bandwidth usage, therefore you pay everytime someone looks at your presentation. If enough people look at it or you have enough presentations out there to be viewed, big $$$$. 

A few things. Presenter 6.1, trial version will only let you publish to a connect server trail account. The full version of Presenter will allow you to publish to a connect server or locally and then to your own server outside of connect if you wish.

Presenter is not that cost prohibitive if you would want it outside of Connect pro. Feel free to email me for pricing and details on Presenter if you would like.

Jorma_at_RealEyes

#3 2007-09-14 22:49:00

**_Hotdog_**

Re: Am I missing something?

There are some massive benefits to having an annual hosted account with a meeting license, hosted access and a perpetual license of Presenter. I'll be glad to explain if you want to shoot me an email.

If you work with the right reseller you'll also get a dedicated staff to work with, Free Live Ongoing Training, and internal support to help you along.

Board footer