Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-09-28 12:48:34

**_Crawdaddye_**

Capping the Number of Registrants

Is there a way to limit the number of registrants for our meetings and events so that it doesn't exceed our licenses?

Example:  If I have 200 concurrent user licenses can I cut off the registration page after it hits the 200 number?

Thanks!

Erik

#2 2009-09-28 14:39:04

**_pafell_**

Re: Capping the Number of Registrants

I too would like to see this feature added.  The only way we've been able to address it is to use the "Event attendees require approval after registration" checkbox at the bottom of the Event Information page.  This at least allows you to making a registrant's request "pending" (and you can also configure it to send an e-mail indicating such if you wish) until you approve it.  Then, if you exceed your 200 concurrent users, you can decline anyone over your limit (and have it send the appropriate e-mail response).  Of course, it isn't very elegant to do it that way and also requires that you go in periodically and approve each of the registration requests.

I've asked that this be added to the "feature request" list for more than 2 years now.  So if the Adobe folks are reading this, can you check to see if it's on the "enhancement request list" and please add it if it isn't?

#3 2009-09-29 18:50:58

**_quinn_**

I'm not sure if you're familiar with the ConnectPro XML APIs, but you could probably do something like this with it.  You would have to write an app that would poll the event's current registration list.  Every new user would be approved until you hit your limit.  Then once the limit has been exceeded, you can start declining.  Of course, this assumes that you're a developer :-P  Hope this helps...

#4 2009-09-29 21:23:54

**_TrainerX_**

Is there a list somewhere of developers who write these API's? We could probably go find some general programmer, but I'm sure previous experience with Connect would be highly valuable.

Thanks

#5 2009-09-30 18:56:18

**_quinn_**

Not that I know of.  Your best bet is probably posting requests in the Web Services section of the forum.

#6 2009-10-07 21:59:33

**_eomedia_**

I wanted to post a quick follow up to let you know that my company, ConferenceEdge, already has a fully integrated solution that allows you to manage registration capacity as well as automated wait-listing features.

You can easily control your capacity, status (approve, waitlist, decline) and e-mail communications through our system automatically or even manually if you want to make individual decisions.  We've integrated our product with Adobe Connect at a session level which allows you to automatically create user or guest accounts in Connect while registering people for multiple specific meetings, trainings or groups with a single registration.

We're even able to provide single click pass-through from an email to get your users directly into their Adobe Connect content with automatic authentication of credentials if you'd like.  If you're Adobe Content requires certification (pass/fail) we can even automate a customizable certification email from our system when the user has passed the training.

If you'd like to get more information or have any questions please feel free to give us a call.  Our website with contact information can be found at;  http://www.conferenceEdge.com.

Thanks

Ryan

#7 2010-04-13 11:26:45

**_AmyBrooks_**

The capacity and wait list features of Events is a common request. Our product manager is aware of this request and hopefully the functionality will be integrated soon.

#8 2010-05-17 13:47:33

**_jcooper9099_**

This can be done easily with the API and a server side language like ASP.net or Coldfusion. In addition you can ensure that the information you collect from your users besides username and password is stored in thier account and not just in the event.

#9 2010-09-01 09:11:53

**_Jstegenga_**

An alternative is to monitor the registrations.

Typically I recommend creating the event in a folder. This works well because many are publishing a SERIES of events, not just ONE.  But it works if you have just ONE event as well.  Create a folder "Event series xxx".  In that folder create another folder "Full events". Publish the "Event series xxx" folder, but not the 'full events' one.

Create your event in the "event series" folder.  Create additional events in the series here as well.  Send out the FOLDER URL, not the individual event URL.  Users can then select from which event they wish to attend.

Monitor the registrations.  When you get to "capacity + 20%" (we recommend this based on what we typically see in attendance = 50-80% of registrants...) MOVE the event into the "full events" folder. 

You can continue adding new events to this folder as the series continues, and moving the FULL ones out to the FULL event folder prevents over-registration.

John

#10 2010-09-23 22:53:13

**_jessicaleahy_**

Yes. However, you have to make sure that you keep things organized so that you can keep track of the people who registered.

Board footer