Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-01-08 00:00:31

**_lldobias_**

How to set up event that doesn't require approval after registration

I am new to the Event Management component and cannot figure out how to make this work in the way that I am hoping it will. I created an event that is linked to a training course. When creating the event I did not check the box "Event attendees require approval after registration". This setting displays "No" for my event, however when I register for the event, the page displays indicating that the information has been submitted to the event host (the registration_confirm.html page). How can I make this go away so that if someone registers for an event, they are automatically approved and would not require any additional information to complete? I want to be able to use this tool to have people in various locations access an exam without having to create user accounts in our system. I thought that Events would be able to accomplish this for me, but now I'm not so sure. I do not want to slow down the process by having to approve each registration. Any ideas?

#2 2009-01-23 21:28:47

**_eomedia_**

Re: How to set up event that doesn't require approval after registration

lldobias,

I'm not sure that you can change the content of the confirmation page, however, if you have set it up so that all registrants are approved automatically (as it seems you did) then they are in fact automatically approved.

I can see how the text on that page could be confusing but you do have the option to customize the email they get after registering.

E-Mail Options --> Notify users when approved for event

In your scenario a registrant can get an email automatically after registering which confirms their registration and no further action needs to be taken by the host to actually "approve" the registrant, and the email should suffice to assure registrants they are approved.

I would also suggest that you take a look at third party options such as my company's which can provide you with a greater flexibility and customization with regards to the registration process.

www.conferenceEdge.com

Hope that helps,

Ryan

#3 2009-02-17 17:06:00

**_connectmeister_**

hello Ildobias,

you might be able to use contribute 3 to modify the registration_confirm.html page to change the text "Thank you for your registration request. Your information has been submitted to the event host." If Connect does not allow you to change the text, at least you can add additional text to the registration_confirm.html to explain to the users that their registration has been accepted. NOTE: when you modify the content of the registration_confirm.html, it only applies to a specific event and does not affect other events.

Here are the instructions:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/Connect/6.0 … -7e35.html

Even though the instructions are for Connect 6, the same steps should apply to Connect Pro 7.

Good luck and hope this helps.

-minh

#4 2010-07-14 10:32:41

**_aisloy15_**

I like your discussion.Thank you very much.

#5 2010-07-15 13:42:34

**_AmyBrooks_**

It is not possible to get rid of the confirm page at this time. But if you do have access to Contribute, I think it's a great time to communicate with the audience that they must remember the email and password they used to register to attend the event or eLearning.

Here is great Contribute demo that shows how to use Contribute with Connect.
http://jimjohnson.na3.acrobat.com/contributedemo/

#6 2010-09-21 21:49:26

**_jessicaleahy_**

Hi amybrooks, thanks for that advice and the link.

Board footer