Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2010-06-14 14:40:15

**_swartz4209_**

Problem importing media to Main Slide

Hi there - I've used Adobe Presenter before with satisfactory results.
But now I have a new computer (Win7) and had to reinstall everything.
Suddenly it does not seem to work to import media (either a movie or a swf) to the main slide area.  I don't get an error.  I go through the import steps, it shows that it is loading and then finished but there is nothing on the slide.  I even tried to publish to make sure.  If I choose to edit the video I just imported to that slide it tells me there is no movie on that slide.

I've tried a bunch of different formats including .wmv, flv, and swf.

Importing to the side bar does appear to work.

I'm stumped.

Anyone have any idea about what may be happening?

BTW - I updated and installed all three updates available for Presenter 7 and currently show I'm running 7.0.5 Build 7588.

Thanks for your input.

#2 2010-06-16 06:59:54

**_swartz4209_**

Re: Problem importing media to Main Slide

Has anyone experienced problems with Win7?  Could this be the issue?

#3 2010-08-12 15:48:55

**_cherstein_**

Hi, I had a similar problem and it was driving me crazy. After finally speaking to Adobe Support over several days, they figured out that I was using the Insert movie in Powerpoint.  You need to use Adobe Presenter\Import Video command.  Were you using that command?

It doesn't seem to show the video on the slide, but if you look at the bottom of the import, it will allow you to preview. Make sure to mark that box.

Once I did that it was able to import properly. Also they suggested only using FLV files. So if you are using other formats, try converting.  I used a free software: "any Video Converter" which converted the .wmv format, but it did lose some fidelity.  If you know of a better software, I would be grateful.

Let me know if you resolve the problem.

#4 2010-08-12 16:28:40

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

It also has a tendency to put the video in a white box on your slide, so if your slide is white, then you don't appear to see the video, although it is there.

One trick is to go into PPT slide show mode to the slide with the imported video. It will begin playing and if you escape out of the slide show, it will have the last frame displayed in the video on your PPT slide.

#5 2010-08-12 18:32:15

**_cherstein_**

That was great!  I tried it and it works.  Thanks! Any ideas on how to convert the movie format better?

#6 2010-08-13 10:44:27

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Use a different program. Presenter's video conversion is basic at best. There are a few decent free tools, though I have found that spending a little money goes a long way. The two video conversion tools that we use around the office are the Sothink Video Encoder for Adobe Flash ($45) and the AVS Video Converter tool ($59-$69 depending on the sale of the month)

You will have more control over the settings for the video conversions and can do better quality.

Last edited by **_Jorma_at_RealEyes_** (2010-08-13 10:45:00)

#7 2010-08-13 11:11:18

**_cherstein_**

Thanks for the tip!

#8 2010-09-15 20:49:48

**_jessicaleahy_**

It tried your advice and it worked great for me. Thank you again.

#9 2010-10-27 13:32:53

**_Nadine_**

Hi, everyone! I'm following these steps, and the .flv I'm selecting is NOT importing to the slide. Any ideas?

#10 2010-10-27 14:08:26

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Nadine,

Is your presentation being stored on a shared drive?

#11 2010-10-29 07:47:56

**_Nadine_**

Yes, as is the .flv file.

#12 2010-10-29 12:15:01

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Presenter doesn't like to have it's files run off a shared drive. Move the PPT(X) and the folder with the same name to your local drive. Then insert the video. All should be well, and when you are done, you can save it back to the shared drive.

#13 2010-11-01 09:36:12

**_Nadine_**

I can't. We've gone Citrix here and everything is shared drives...no access to locals. Any other ideas?

#14 2010-11-03 16:10:11

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Unfortunately not. Presenter has never been good with being on a shared drive, and will not import videos or SWF files if on a shared drive. You may try reaching out to Support for it, but I'm not sure if they would have a solution.

#15 2010-12-09 09:43:03

**_vultur_**

Anybody use VideoPPT ( www.videoppt.com ) ? I heard this is a good app for converting presentations...

#16 2011-03-03 06:14:49

**_annishmarva_**

Hello
I new in this forum
That's great i try this
then tell you i want to become    > beitcertified.

Board footer