Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2010-02-22 13:04:28

**_Sysop_**

Monitoring Multiple Classes

I have the responsibility of monitoring several classes at the same time. It would be real helpful if I could mute the classes and only unmute the one I wish to listen to, WITHOUT implacting the recording of each class or somehow affecting the students hearing their own lecturer. Thoughts?

#2 2010-02-23 09:29:24

**_mark2741_**

Re: Monitoring Multiple Classes

Use a PC that has the Windows 7 OS (though Linux/Mac might work too - I don't know). Start up each meeting in a different browser. So say you have 3 meetings:

Meeting 1: Firefox
Meeting 2: IE
Meeting 3: Chrome

In the Windows 7 sound mixer thingy (in the system tray), you have the ability to change volume/mute/unmute per program.

It's a pretty clunky way of doing things if you have to do it manually like this. There could be a program that routes/mutes/unmutes the individual program audio output. If so, that's the way to go.

mark
www.elearninglive.com

#3 2010-02-23 09:30:58

**_mark2741_**

Forgot to mention one other thing -

You may need to run these meetings in the browser. I'm pretty sure I have run two meetings at one time, both in the standalone/out-of-browser flash player that automatically launches when you have the presenter add-in installed, but I'd have to test to know for sure. If you have to you could always just keep them in the browser by adding ?launcher=false to the end of your meeting URL.

#4 2010-02-23 10:41:43

**_Sysop_**

Super Mark2741, this is an excellent solution. Thank you for your time on this.

#5 2010-02-23 12:15:22

**_Daniel_**

It will work in Windows Vista too.

#6 2010-02-23 12:16:47

**_mark2741_**

Ahh yes. I forgot completely about Vista! How could I forget? : )

#7 2010-02-23 12:20:17

**_Daniel_**

Maybe because it is such a beloved operating system :)

#8 2010-05-30 21:22:59

**_smile_**

I like Vista, too. But sometimes I have some difficulties with it. What should I do to improve it? Thanks :)

#9 2010-05-31 08:00:10

**_Sysop_**

Move to Windows 7, it is MUCH improved and has the feel of Vista.

#10 2011-07-10 01:17:31

**_ssahai_**

Hi sysop,
With C8, you now have a option of muting the meeting. This button is on the top with the speaker icon. So even if you are a meeting host and need to be in addin, you can continue using both the meetings.
If you are in C7.5 then you would see a mute meeting button at the bottom next to the talk button.
Be assured both these buttons are your personal settings and so do not affect either other participants or the meeting recording.

Board footer