Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2014-07-14 11:17:41

meezike

How to Insert Two Scored Click Boxes on Same Screen

How do you insert two scored click boxes on the same screen that are both the correct answer? For example, on a screen there are two hyperlinks that can be used to navigate to the same screen. As long as I do not set these to be scored or recorded for quiz purposes, I am able to set the "On Success" settings to "Go to Next Slide", and they work fine, meaning that if a user clicks on either hyperlink they recieve the "Correct" answer and advance to the next slide. BUT we want to score them so if they don't click correctly we will know. However, when I set them to be recorded and scored, Captivate waits for the user to click on both click boxes before advancing. If a user just clicks on one, Captivate waits for them to click on the other before it goes to the next slide. Has anyone succesfully done this before? Thanks!

#2 2014-07-14 11:50:54

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: How to Insert Two Scored Click Boxes on Same Screen

Are you using the hot spot question or just click boxes?

If click boxes, then they should be able to click on either one (you can assign a score with them as well, which they won't receive if they click on the wrong area), and get the appropriate action from their interaction.

Using the hot spot question, I believe they must select all the correct click boxes.

#3 2014-07-14 12:32:24

meezike

I am using just the click boxes. I have both of them set for "On Success" "Go to Next Slide" and for "Last Attempt" "Go to Next Slide." I also have attempts set to "1" and I also have checked the "Include in Quiz" option under "Reporting." Everything works fine when I uncheck the "Include in Quiz" option, meaning it goes to the next slide when one of the correct hyperlinks are clicked, but as soon as I check that box it waits until both are clicked. The problem seems to be when I choose the option to record if a correct click box was clicked.

Last edited by meezike (2014-07-14 13:06:01)

#4 2014-07-14 14:45:31

Jorma_at_CoSo

Ah, OK. That helps clarify things. Let me do some testing and I'll get back to you with any ideas I have.

#5 2014-07-14 15:16:28

Jorma_at_CoSo

When I tested having two click boxes on one slide that continued on to the next slide. They both worked. Including them in the quiz, and having additional quiz questions didn't seem to make a difference.

What version of Captivate are you using, maybe it is a version issue? I am running 8.0.0.145.

#6 2014-07-14 16:59:56

meezike

Hmmm. Then maybe it's just our version? We are using 5.5.0.257. Here's some screen shots of example settings I'm using, just in case this helps any.
10hnaqa.png

205s5jb.png

#7 2014-07-14 17:04:06

Jorma_at_CoSo

Hmm, you picked the magic number. That is the one version of Captivate that I don't have (5.5). Maybe someone else here can test it or you can reach out to support and see if they can provide any answers.

You might also check that there are not any updates available (Help > Check for Updates), as it may be resolved that way too.

#8 2014-07-17 14:21:45

meezike

FYI - Under Quiz Settings I have the option for "Required" set to "Answer All - The user must answer every question to continue." This is what seems to be causing the issue. If I change it to any other setting (e.g., Optional) it works fine. The problem though is if I choose any other setting the user can skip through all the questions using the playbar. We can remove the forward button and progress bar so they can't skip around but we want them to be able to see their progress, which is only possible by keeping the progress bar visible. We're probably just going to use a Hot Spot question slide for this one slide and have them click on both hyperlinks to answer the question. If someone knows how to make it so that you can see the progress bar but somehow disable it so they can't scrub through, please let me know. Thanks!

Last edited by meezike (2014-07-17 16:08:04)

Board footer