Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2014-07-10 16:13:53

Johnny G

Event Registration to view on-demand content

Is there a way to use the Event system to have users sign up to view content on-demand, not to attend a live meeting?

I'm wanting to have a list of educational content produced with Presenter hosted on Adobe Connect and have people visit my site to pick their content and pay for it and have their Connect user account created and linked to the content automatically.

Am I crazy? Is this possible and is anyone doing it?

#2 2014-07-10 17:24:33

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Event Registration to view on-demand content

The Event Module can call to any type of object in Connect. Live, on-demand, it doesn't matter.

Event-Object.jpg

This is from step one of the Event creation wizard.

You should be able to do this without issue, just be sure to select the correct type of object upon creating the event. You can change the object that is tied to the event, just not the type of event.

#3 2014-07-17 14:54:51

clewis

I have a similar scenario.  We're wanting to have one pre-recorded training available for learners every Monday, complete with registration page, email events, etc.  I know how to get the on-demand content in there and to set up the templates, catalog, etc, but is there a way to make it a recurring event?  Or would we need to duplicate it after the Monday event is over? 

We are also looking at having those registrants, who who initially be guests, converted over to members of a specific admin group.  My assumption is that this can only be done manually at this point, however.

#4 2014-07-17 16:02:11

Jorma_at_CoSo

There is no option currently to have a recurring event, so you would need to create a separate event for each Monday.

You are correct in that converting the guest user accounts would have to be done manually. Even if you do elect to have users create full registered user accounts through the Events module, it doesn't have the option to automatically place them in an admin group, so I'm not sure that that would simplify the process at all.

Board footer