Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-05-08 14:05:33

**_dladesoto_**

Using .swf and /flv files in Share pods

Hello!

I need to be able to set up an on demand meeting (no host) in which users have access to and can play multiple videos using player controls from Share pods. I have been told that one should not use .swf files for long clips, however, .flv files do not display controls for users - only for hosts and presenters. I have been able to upload a 10 minute .swf clip and insert it in a Share pod with video controls - is this a problem? I understand the only other way to display a video with with player controls is in a Presenter file (.flv, .swf, .mov, .dvi, mpeg4, etc.) or a PPT. Does anyone have in depth knowledge about the best way to accomplish our goal?

many thanks!!!!!

#2 2008-05-12 07:04:51

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Using .swf and /flv files in Share pods

Turn on Auto Promote Participants to Presenters for your room and the people coming into your room will be able to play your FLV files.

#3 2008-05-19 15:23:14

**_creed_**

Re: Using .swf and /flv files in Share pods

Question:
When you created your SWF video player and uploaded it into a Share Pod, did you by any chance get audio to play with that?  Our interactive SWFs (non-video) with button-triggered audio do not play sound when presented in a Share Pod.  See more here http://meeting.psu.edu/node/402

Board footer