Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2014-06-24 15:24:42

fhickler-rvibe

persistent state across layout change

Hello - I have developed a share pod app that we have been using successfully for some time now.

I would like to add a new feature where certain types of data and state info is kept across layout changes.

Perhaps the issue is that I have an init function fire upon applicationComplete that initializes the state of the app? Maybe I don't want this to happen on a layout change? Is there an event to listen for so that I can distinguish between a meeting host uploading the app to the share pod and a meeting host changing layouts?

Is there some other technique that would allow dynamic data to persist across layout changes? E.G. is it possible to write a simple share pod app where something like the following happens: a user enters a string into an input field, clicks a submit button, which copies that string to a static field, and then on layout change, that string is still displayed in the static field?

Any pointers ranging from general to specific would be appreciated.

#2 2014-06-25 11:36:50

Kevin

Re: persistent state across layout change

I would imagine the pod would have to pull it's settings from an external source if you're not building the same pod into each layout to keep it, 'active'.

#3 2014-06-27 11:17:06

fhickler-rvibe

So this begs another question for me: what's the best way to have a share pod save state data? Would you suggest the AS class fileReference or sharedObject? Would AC put up some kind of security wall that would make this difficult?

#4 2014-08-28 19:11:16

mvasic

You dont need to do anything special the pods should already be linked, so that you don't lose the state of your pod.

Having said that there is a special way of bringing in the pod into the layouts. Create one layout and bring your pod in the normal way. After this create a new blank layout but this time dont bring the new pod in but instead go to "Pod" > "Share" and select the pod you already shared in the first layout. Do not bring a new instance of the pod or else it will not be linked.

Board footer