Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2014-01-22 14:28:57

azpeter2009

Web Services/API results viewable on iOS devices

Agreed, there is no Flash on iOS devices, and the Mobile apps are great for attending (even managing) Adobe Connect sessions.
What I want to do from my iPad is log on to the Adobe Connect server, determine the principal-id of a given user (by name), then access the Account Info page so I can click on the link to send a RESET PASSWORD link.
Without Flash, in a browser, I CAN log in to the page, but the USER DB DISPLAY requires Flash, and won't run.
Using API calls, on a computer, I can get the right info to show, but in IE, I must click a button to view ALL CONTENT (secure and non-secure).
On the iPad, in Safari and Chrome, I do not know how to allow all content to be displayed, so the screen is blank.
Can anyone suggest a solution, either to display the API results, or to manage users from an iPad (short of using a Remote Control app to my desktop, which is my current fall-back)?

#2 2014-01-23 06:44:54

Abhinav Arora

Re: Web Services/API results viewable on iOS devices

Hi azpeter

I tried running an XML API in the Safari browser on Ipad. I did get the result of the xml api, but it all appeared in text and not xml. Is that the problem you are facing?

Abhinav

#3 2014-01-24 14:11:05

azpeter2009

I'm not sure.  The Safari and Chrome screen is just blank---what would be a good command to assure some response that should be visible?  And is there a way to expand and display the XML data returned?

#4 2014-01-27 02:50:22

Abhinav Arora

To see the response of an XML-API, you can try the following api to see if you are able to get any data in your browser.

http(s)://<ServerHostName>/api/xml?action=common-info

Board footer