Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2014-01-13 07:11:26

Zvonko Martinović

Licence limits

Hi,

I have a question about Adobe Connect licence. We have on premise installation of Adobe Connect with academic discount. For now we provide our system to our users free of charge but now we have an invitation to participate in one project with another institution. Among other subjects we would like to offer that institution usage, support and education for our Adobe Connect.
My question is can we bill a usage of our system (as we purchased it with academic discount) or we can only charge support and education?

Thank you in advanced,
Zvonko

#2 2014-01-13 10:45:08

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Licence limits

Your academic discount is based on the fact that you are student facing organization who is accredited, in so many words. Many institutions charge for access to their account either indirectly, student tuition and fees for being enrolled in the school, or directly, individuals charged for access to an online-class or on-demand materials.

I don't believe there is anything in your agreement with Adobe that states you cannot charge for access, so you should be fine. The big thing would be if you are using it for non-academic reasons, that could be seen as a point of contention that you are or are not using it as an academic facility.

If you are concerned, I would recommend having a conversation with your reseller and seeing what their input is, as they are the ones who ultimately sold you the licenses and would best understand your situation.

#3 2014-01-14 07:47:24

Zvonko Martinovic

Re: Licence limits

Thank you for the quick reply.
We would still be using it for academic reasons only in a project for another academic institution.
So i guess it is OK that we make a contract with two independent services - access to our system and support/education.

Best,
Zvonko

Board footer