Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2013-11-05 09:42:36

dhm5014psu

CSV file and Connect Events

Im trying to send an email blast from C9 Events Module and when i try uploading a CSV list modeled after this (http://help.adobe.com/en_US/connect/8.0 … 960F2.html) i get an error message. is there another way I have to do it for the events module?

#2 2013-11-05 12:46:16

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: CSV file and Connect Events

The events module is only looking for first-name,last-name,email in the csv.

From the CSV import page of an event:

The import feature enables you to add guests and users to your event by uploading a comma separated value (CSV) file. The CSV file must include the name (first name and last name) and the e-mail address (separated from the name by a comma) of each invitee. For more detailed information, please see the online help.

Here is the help doc for this workflow: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/connect/9.0 … FB2A8.html

#3 2013-11-21 08:16:19

LindaCarlson

I am new to Event Manager.  I uploaded a .csv file with approx 1500 names and e-mail addresses but only 20 random names and e-mails are appearing in my invitee list and on the reports page.  Do you know what I might have done wrong?  Also, I was not done designing the event and did not want to send invitations yet but the 20 all show as "invited".  How can I prevent this?

#4 2013-11-21 08:39:37

rpathak

Hi,
If you have your own enterprise setup, you can look into debug.log for any error/exception which could be due to some formatting/invalid-field issue in your csv file. You can contact Adobe Support for further help.

Regarding sending invitations, don't worry. Emails are sent only when you Finish the event creation workflow and click the 'Publish' button. The 'invited' is actually the default role of user and not the current status. You can assign other roles like host, presenter, invited, denied etc. to a user.

Thanks,
Rakesh

Board footer