Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2013-06-25 13:31:25

cuc1372184311

Unable to Change Event User Policy

Hello -

I need to have my event recordings password protected.  To do this I assume I can leave the recordings 'private' but that the Event User Policy must be changed so that when someone registers for an event they are 'full adobe connect users'.

I followed the steps to change the Event User Policy, but when I try to change an existing or create a new event, the 'all users created are guests' option is still selected and both options are greyed out.  Under administration I changed the policy to 'all users created through event form are full adobe connect users', however I am unable to create new events or change existing events so that registrants are full adobe connect users.

What am I doing wrong to get this policy change to take effect?  If event registrants are 'full adobe connect users', then will they automatically become members of the meeting rooms and their usernames/passwords will grant them access to recordings?

Thank you in advance for any consideration.

J

#2 2013-06-26 10:21:34

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Unable to Change Event User Policy

Did you click Save after changing the setting in the Admin section? I only ask because I have forgotten to do just that.

If the setting has been changed, and doesn't have an effect on new events (I could see old events staying the way they are), it may be a glitch in the system and you will need to reach out to Adobe directly, so they can identify the issue and resolve it.

However, your reasoning for changing this setting seems to be off target. Even if the users are created as full Registered Users in Connect, they are not added to the room's participant list when enrolling in the event. It is the event engine that grants them access to the room. The recordings can be made as a separate event, you would just need to move the recordings to the Content Library, which disassociates the permissions relationship with the meeting room.

We have done this in the past when having live events and then after the live event is over, posting the on-demand Event. See the events we did in the Partner Demo's forum here: http://www.connectusers.com/forums/foru … ner-demos/

#3 2013-06-26 14:59:36

cuc1372184311

Hello,

Thank you.  I did in fact click save, but I have missed that step before as well :)

The policy does appear to have changed, however when I create a new event it appears that 'registrants are guests' is default and greyed out.

Interestingly, there is a THIRD option that has appeared for me in the last 24 hours which is 'Event managers choose whether registrants are guest or full users'.

Regardless of all that information I did call support, thinking it was a glitch, and they let me know that these features only work if you host your own solution.  My account is a hosted account so I can only have registrants join as a guest.  The tech did show me how to go through Administration -> Users and Groups -> Manage Guests -> Convert to User.

Thank you also for the information about converting the videos to content.  It looks like that is the direction that we will have to go, but I was looking for an easier option.

Warm Regards,

J

#4 2013-06-26 15:44:48

Jorma_at_CoSo

Well that is an interesting change, and new to Connect 9. I have had the setting on my account (hosted by Adobe) set to letting the Event Manager decide how users are registered for years, and prior to Connect 9, I had the choice when creating an event.

This throws a problem for people using the Events module to enroll people in objects in the Training Module of Connect, since Guests of the system cannot be enrolled in to Training. While it will allow the Guests access to the Course/Curriculum, it will not allow them to show enrollment programmatically.

Thanks for speaking up about this, I'll have to look into this since it has been a key feature for some of my clients.

#5 2013-06-26 17:34:34

Jorma_at_CoSo

OK, I looked into this further, and it is not a feature change, but a bug that is set to be resolved with Service Pack 1 of Connect 9. It is bug #3552436.

Board footer