Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-03-06 01:31:11

**_barry.b_**

Design patterns for Connect

Design patterns are a way of explaining particular situations, whether it's  programming with code, database schema, website structure, page layout, etc.

Here is a collection of simple diagrams (use cases) explaining how Connect can be used, especially (although not exclusively) in Education.

http://docs.google.com/View?docid=dhqn3p2_96hsdnj4dp

This is an attempt to create some sort of linga franka in using Connect and to have some "eye candy" to show when presenting what Connect can do to those not familiar with the whole topic.

I've looked around and not found anything similar, hence creating these ones.

What I can see as being of further value is a critique of these patterns (what works in each, what doesn't, considerations and limitations, etc) so if people think this is of some value, please feel encouraged to throw in your 2 cents worth.

If there's some other patterns in how Connect can be used (considering some of these are essentially the same with just different roles of the users) I'd be interested to know more.

hope this is of some help.

cheers
barry.b

#2 2008-03-06 02:01:48

**_michael_**

Re: Design patterns for Connect

Nice job Barry!  Great to see someone take the time to generate these, and then one step further, put it out there for the community!

#3 2008-03-07 23:36:09

**_sean_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Design patterns for Connect

Couldn't agree more, nice work here Barry!

Not only can I spend some time on pros/cons for these, due to the fact that 23 work in the Higher Education space as much we do, I'd like to give you some credit when people see these!

I plan to give you an email sometime next week to discuss further. I may home some adobe authored goodies to pass along, but I gotta make sure its clear to do so.

again, great work!

Board footer