Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2012-10-29 00:23:24

**_nteckhardt_**

Share Pod not Loading

Hi,

I am using Adobe Connect Mobile on an iPad 2 running iOS 5.1.1 and when I attend a meeting the share pod which normally displays the instructor's PowerPoint slides it will just display the loading circle saying 0%. It never loads and I cannot see any slides. Previously this worked. The issue seems to have occurred about a month ago. I know that the instructor at my university is using Adobe Connect 8. Has anyone encountered this issue or know of any solutions.

Thanks for any input.

Nick

#2 2012-10-29 21:29:31

**_nteckhardt_**

Re: Share Pod not Loading

I guess it may not be call a share pod but it is the whiteboard that is not loading and I cannot see the PowerPoint slides. Hopefully that is more useful information.

#3 2012-10-29 22:59:24

**_praha_**

Were you on 3G/cellular or wi-fi? Were you able to chat with the instructor using the Connect mobile app? Are you using the latest Adobe Connect Mobile app version 2.0? To find out which version of the app you are using, launch the app, enter a meeting URL and then click Next. At the screen that requests for your login ID and password, tap the Terms of Use and then SCROLL all the way down to the bottom of the Terms of Use page, you will see the version number at the bottom of the page.

You can run a quick test and verify if you can see PowerPoint slide being shared and here are steps to connect to my test meeting room where I have shared a single slide PowerPoint in the share pod.

1) Launch Adobe Connect Mobile app on your iPad

2) Enter this meeting URL into the text field:

http://my.adobeconnect.com/connectrules/

(you can omit http://)

3) Tap Next

4) Tap the Guest button and then whatever name you wish

5) Tap Enter

6) Once you are in the meeting room, you will see the Adobe-Logo.pptx with an Adobe logo in the share pod. If you do not see the Adobe logo, tap the "Tap to view." There are a whiteboard and share pod being shared in the meeting room.

Let me know if this works for you

-minh

#4 2012-10-29 23:49:46

**_nteckhardt_**

Minh

I was on WIFI when the issue occurred. I did not chat with the instructor but I was able to chat with other students and post chats to the group chat. I am using the latest version and followed your instructions on how to check the version. I am using version 2.0.0. Today I uninstalled Connect Mobile, shut down the iPad and re-installed it just for good measure before following your instructions.

I have followed your instructions and have been able to connect to the meeting room. I can see both the Adobe logo in the pptx and the red circle in the Whiteboard.

I voted on which version of Adobe Connect being used. From talking with some at the university it is my understanding that they use version 8.0.

As of right now it seems to work properly in this meeting room. I will have to wait until next Tuesday to find out if it working during my online class time. I do not have any classes scheduled this week. I will keep you posted and thank you for your advice and help.

Nick

#5 2012-10-30 13:08:41

**_praha_**

Nick,

The share pod and sharing PowerPoint slide in a share pod should work on iPad even if the Connect server is running version 8.x.
What university or school is hosting the class if you don't mind sharing that info? I hope this issue does not happen again next Tuesday but if it does occur again, try and see if you logout of the meeting room and re-login. If that does not help, email me mhuynh@adobe.com.

#6 2012-10-30 21:28:54

**_nteckhardt_**

Minh

The class that I am taking is at the University of Washington. I did not have this issue last quarter when everything worked fine. I am not sure what happened. Hopefully the issue is fixed but I will follow the advice you posted and will let you know the results. Thanks again for your help.

Board footer