Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-03-03 11:19:28

**_dawidajm_**

Problem with Captivate Flash in Presenter

I had made flash training videos using Captivate. These training videos are simulations and require that the user follow along and click what the training requires them to click. In Presenter I put the each training on a different slide. When I view the trainings after publishing them to the connect server they dont work correctly. The videos will play but often times the audio in a slide will be playing multiple instacnes of that training, one a few seconds delayed from the original audio. Another problem I have run into is that when moving from one slide to the next in presenter it will skip over a large section in the beginning of the flash video. Not sure what I can do with the options that Presenter gives me or if I am just missing something.

#2 2008-03-04 19:19:36

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Problem with Captivate Flash in Presenter

Do you have the Captivate video's controlled by the Presenter Playbar? Adobe Presenter > Presentation Settings > Flash Files tab > Check the box for the movies

That may help.

Jorma@RealEyes

#3 2008-03-05 12:19:04

**_dawidajm_**

Yes I have done it both with and without the Presenter Playbar control. I also did other things such as making it required that the user advance the slides since each slide's training requires the user interact so I could not have it advance to the next slide after a certain amount of time.

#4 2008-03-06 00:13:33

**_robva65_**

dawidajm,

I just fired off a private message to you about this...when you get that link rectified, let me know and I'll take a look again at it.

I'm beginning to think now that it might actually be related to the slide's overall timings: the length of the narration recorded on/at the slide level versus the duration of the Captivate movie you've inserted on each slide.

Bottom line, the more I looked at it, the more it seems as though there's a conflict between the narration (which only lasted a couple of seconds) and the duration of the inserted Captivate swfs (which appear to be controlled by the Presenter playbar).

Again, this is a pretty big assumption on my part until I can take a look at the files.

Rob

Board footer