Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2012-10-19 12:34:15

**_dennis_**

Answer Options do not display after publish???

Hello,

I just put together a quiz (multiple choice, fill in etc...) and on publish the questions populate the slides...but the answers do not...at least no consistently.

I published it to the desktop.

The fact that the answers do not populate makes it impossible for the quiz to be used.

Any thoughts?

Presenter 7.07 (Build 7746)
PowerPoint 2010
Windows 7

#2 2012-10-23 01:20:25

**_mkalyanp_**

Re: Answer Options do not display after publish???

Hi

Can you please mail me the presentation at mkalyanp@adobe.com?

Thanks
Mahesh

#3 2012-10-23 07:54:29

**_dennis_**

Hello,

I went back to the settings and started adjusting settings to see if I could get this to work.

Turning off the "Allow backward movement" & "Shuffle answers" options allowed the multiple choice items to display.

Are there other types of settings or limits that I should keep in mind?

#4 2012-10-23 11:06:08

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Have you tried changing the text font and format for answers? Try using a common font like Verdana or Times New Roman to see if it will show the text.

#5 2012-10-23 12:08:36

**_dennis_**

Hello,

I have used the Manage Quiz panel to change the size of the font, but not the type.

I will give that a shot and see...as I said turning off the shuffle and backward movement seems to have helped in the short term.

Thanks.

Any other tips??

#6 2012-10-23 13:37:08

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Not sure why the backward movement would make a difference. Can you isolate it to one of those options or another? Could be a bug with that option.

#7 2012-10-23 14:40:18

**_dennis_**

Hello,

Hello,

So curiosity got the better of me when I read your response...and I started testing the test.

As I said...I had turned off both the shuffle answers, and backward movement from the quiz setting  dialog box.

I went back to test the backward movement had no effect the result was a Successful rendering of all questions and answers.

When I went back to turn on the shuffle...I remembered that I had turned on the shuffle answers at the question level too! - So I turned it back on at the quiz level and sure enough FAIL.

To be sure, I went back to the question, turned off shuffle at the question level...and left it on at the quiz level and SUCCESS.

It would appear that Presenter does not like the "double shuffle" setting...so stay away!

Thoughts??

#8 2012-10-23 15:28:01

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

The Shuffle Answers option on the Quiz level has never worked in my experience. Good to know now that it appears to be elevated to shuffles the answers off the slide.

The individual question setting should override the quiz setting, but it appears there is a conflict.

#9 2012-10-23 15:41:13

**_dennis_**

Thank you for helping me to figure it out!

Most helpful as always!!

Board footer