Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-02-08 11:04:14

**_MelissaFreundAO_**

Does Resolution Size effect a Part's ability to use/type in Chat Pod?

I have a participant that wrote in stating that she has not been able to type into the Chat Pod for her last two sessions with us. Our classroom size is set at 1024x768 and I wonder if her local settings do not accomodate that causing her not being able to use it. What is a good thing to troublshoot first in this situation??

I know it must be something local on her end, as the 100 other people in the courses have been fine sending in questions for the last few courses we have had.

We are a licensed solution and out of our 35 classrooms we maange I have only had a few users mention this issue to me so it must be on there end but not sure where to start.

Melissa

Audiology Online

#2 2008-02-11 13:27:26

alistairlee

Re: Does Resolution Size effect a Part's ability to use/type in Chat Pod?

I wouldn't think that the issue is being caused by resolution.  The Connect room is flash based so the pods should all scale.

Can she see the chat pod?
Does the cursor flash in the chat pod when she clicks to type?
Can she use the drop down menu to select a participant with which to chat?

#3 2008-02-11 14:21:40

**_MelissaFreundAO_**

Hi There - Thanks for writing back. No this user was able to see the chat pod but the bar to type in a message to the presenter was greyed out.

Also, we keep these linked to QA pods so the attendees can not use a drop down on the Chat pod.

Could this be an add-in issue? Should I have her try and load that again?

#4 2008-02-12 10:55:31

**_Wmccarthy_**

what was the users name?  There is a post in here about certain characters messing up the pods.  Ie  ' ; #   So Bill O'Henry  could cause a problem.

Also I have seen a video driver error where it wouldnt let them type.  Did the user leave and come back?(ie close the meeting and re-enter)  Just to see if there was a change.

#5 2008-02-21 19:37:55

**_sean_at_RealEyes_**

Wmccarthy wrote:

what was the users name?  There is a post in here about certain characters messing up the pods.  Ie  ' ; #   So Bill O'Henry  could cause a problem.

Also I have seen a video driver error where it wouldnt let them type.  Did the user leave and come back?(ie close the meeting and re-enter)  Just to see if there was a change.

The character theory above is something I have heard of.

I suggest you rename the user in the Attendee List pod options and see if this gets fixed.

Board footer