Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2012-10-01 13:33:44

**_amurphyk_**

Presentation won't advance slides correctly

I am using Adobe connect for content only, not in a meeting, and have both published and uploaded a presentation with embedded audio.  The slides advance every 5 seconds and cut off the audio.  I can't find a setting to fix this in PowerPoint, Presenter, or Connect.  Please help me find where to fix this!

#2 2012-10-01 14:50:08

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Presentation won't advance slides correctly

How was the audio recorded? Was it recorded in PPT or Presenter?

#3 2012-10-01 18:51:58

**_amurphyk_**

Unsure, probably Presenter. Someone else made it.   The audio plays fine, so it seems like a different issue than when audio from powerpoint won't go into Connect.

#4 2012-10-02 12:31:05

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

The audio for the slide dictates the slide duration. The default 5 seconds setting indicated that the audio is not actually recognized by Presenter, so I would suspect that it is either recorded directly to the slide, or is associated with an object on the slide. Somehow the audio did get converted, but will only play for the 5 seconds that the slide displays.

If you have the source file(s), then you should be able to open the audio editor of Presenter and verify if there is audio in Presenter. Otherwise, there may be a speaker icon on the slides, thus indicating that the audio in in PPT. You should  be able to import the audio buy going to the Import tool in the audio section of Presenter. If there is audio recorded to the PPT, then you should see a button that says to import the audio from the presentation.

If that is not what is happening, then it would probably be easier if you could share the presentation, to help identify what is going on.

#5 2012-10-03 10:38:31

**_amurphyk_**

I needed to import the audio from the presentation into Presenter.  Thanks for your help!

Board footer