Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2012-10-01 11:12:40

**_ChazWhiz_**

Help me understand my user limits in an On Premise deployment

My company has a 7.5 On Premise deployment that was set up several years ago.  Unfortunately its administration has passed through a few different hands over time and currently it's not well understood. We're also seeing a huge upswing in the number of people wanting to use the platform and are hitting some walls with capacity. What I'm trying to understand right now is how the original pricing model selected affects us today.

In researching multiple posts on these boards I see there are essentially 2 models used by Adobe for meetings: Concurrent Attendee vs Named Host.  Do these "matter" in an On Premise deployment?  The limitations seem to make more sense as hosted options, so I'm not clear what I can change and cannot change in our situation.  My admin info shows as follows:

Concurrent Attendee Pricing Model
Meeting Hosts:   200 / Unlimited
Meeting Peak Concurrent Users:   50   (Soft Limit:50)
Concurrent Users Per Meeting:   Unlimited   (Soft Limit:1000000000)
Burst Pack Minutes (Total Used/Total Purchased):   0 / 0
(Balance:0 - Disabled)

So as I understand it this means we have 200 named hosts, but can only support 50 simultaneous people in ALL our meeting rooms combined... correct?  This is obviously extremely limiting.  Is this something based on our original purchase or can it be increased now?  If so, how?

Please pardon my ignorance and thanks for any help.

#2 2012-10-01 12:06:21

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Help me understand my user limits in an On Premise deployment

You are correct that the licensing for your account allows up to 50 concurrent connections to live meetings.  This is what was originally purchased.

You are not limited to the number of individuals that can be named to create, manage and run meetings. The 200 number just seems to be a happy coincidence that it is a round number.

The concurrent user number can always be increased. As the old saying goes, money solves everything. I would recommend that you contact the reseller you purchased from, or another reseller if you wish. Feel free to contact me off forum (just add .com to my username), and I'd happily give you what options I can.

Board footer