Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-01-07 13:19:41

**_thomasattrp_**

Some Particpants Unable to Enter Meeting Room

In a meeting open to anyone with the URL, two out of 10 participants have been unable to enter the meeting room. They get to the sign on page, enter their name, and then when they get to the page about checking the trouble shooting page, their browser crashes and won't go further including  the trouble shooting page.

One said:  "I did get to that point suggesting I click on the trouble shooting link and that is where it kicks me out...Whether I click on that link or not it just shuts my internet explorer down."

Any thoughts on how to help these folks? Others got on fine and I have accessed the room successfully with all the computers I have access to.

Thanks.
Thomas Whtie

#2 2008-01-07 13:51:10

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Some Particpants Unable to Enter Meeting Room

Is this on a licensed or hosted Connect Server?

Jorma_at_RealEyes

#3 2008-01-07 13:59:58

**_thomasattrp_**

Hosted.

#4 2008-01-08 11:49:07

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

I'm still unclear about the users going to a trouble shooting page. I would have those two users go to : Testing the Meeting Connection

This will verity that they have flash installed on their computer and that everything is setup correctly to be in a Connect room.

The results of this test can also be emailed so they can share the results  of this test.

Jorma_at_RealEyes

#5 2008-01-08 14:02:51

**_thomasattrp_**

Thanks. I'll send them your message and see what happens. Two of them were in the same facility in Salt Lake. Wondered if the corporate firewall, etc. might have interfered. The third was from a University in Charlotte.

#6 2008-01-09 07:56:44

**_thomasattrp_**

One particpant sent me screen shots of the messages she got. First was the normal one when something crashes:  Adobe Acrobat Connect Add-in 9.0 r177 has encontered a problem and needs to close...

The second message also refers to the add-in and specifically to connectaddin6x5.exe ModVer 9.0.177.0

Prior to getting these messages she went to the test link above and made sure her computer was compatible. She said she passed all the tests.

#7 2008-01-09 18:15:51

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Do these users need the add-in?

Either way try having them un-install the add-in and reinstall it if needed.

You may try finding a discussion about those error codes in these forums or go to http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/ … forumid=63

and see if you can find it in that forum.

Or go to adobe and see what they say.

Jorma_at_RealEyes

#8 2008-01-11 08:55:17

**_mholt_**

My only experience with flash updates crashing (basically what the addin does) is with older or incompatible browsers.  Current IE, Apple Safari, etc all have worked seamlessly.

There is the possibility that corporate has locked down that function, but it sounds more like old software interfering.

#9 2008-02-06 16:04:49

**_santhony_**

You could also have them change their URL to try to enter the meeting without the add-in. There are articles on the KB how to do this. Just change the URL message from =true to =false to see if they can enter in without the add in.

i have received this message only once. I was able to immediately join after attempting to rejoin the meeting.

#10 2008-03-19 19:20:19

**_Patchouli_**

I don't know if my comment will be of any use, but I'm wondering if the users tried to log in before the meeting was opened.
I get that sometimes, and I just tell them (on the phone) to try refreshing (F5), and if it doesn't work, go back to the meeting link and redo the process.
Some people will try to log in an hour prior sometimes.
Usually it does the trick.

Board footer