Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2012-08-29 05:12:32

**_gtg_**

Adding files to a room

I'm trying to upload files to a room, but they're not working correctly.

First off, I create a sco object via sco-update. I set the type to "content",  the icon to "attachment" and the folder-id to that of the room. This goes fine, and I get a SCO ID back.

I then use a second form to upload the file into Connect:

<form action="http://connect1/api/xml?action=sco-upload" enctype="multipart/form-data" method="post" id="fileUploadForm">

I also add in the file's SCO ID and Session parameters.

The upload goes OK, and I get an OK message back.

If I then look at the contents of the room, things aren't quite right.

Via the Files POD, the newly uploaded file isn't shown.

Via the XML API, the file now has an icon type of "producer".

Via the Connect admin web page, the file is listed as type "Presentation", and the "Referenced" column is empty.

Another file that was uploaded via the standard Connect system shows a content type as "Attachment" and the Referenced column shows "Yes".

Both files are .ppt files.

What am I doing wrong ?

Thanks,

GTG

#2 2012-08-29 10:56:42

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Adding files to a room

I believe that adding files to the Files pod can only be done in the room. You can put objects on the server through the API, but not in specific pods.

Have you tried uploading something that is a different file type than the supported files? I suspect that you are seeing the PowerPoint listed as a Presentation because the server recognizes it as a PPT(X) file and makes a converted version. Try uploading a DOC(X) file and see if it accepts it through the API.

The file that was uploaded should be able to be placed in the Files pod and the attendees in the room should be able to download the PPT version of that presentation.

#3 2012-08-29 11:20:24

**_gtg_**

Dumb/Naive question: What's the point of the file upload facility if the uploaded files can't be seen by Files POD ?

#4 2012-08-29 11:25:02

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

The files can be seen by the files pod. You can put any file on the server in the Files Pod (if you have access to it). I just needs to be put there by a user in the room, not through the API.

Board footer