Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2007-12-23 10:23:45

**_jrgrowney_**

Sound 'snippets' from a published ppt when used as content

Bear with me as I try to lay out the steps I used to recreate this problem.

a) Created a presentation with animation in PPT. Created my Voice Over and synced the VO with the animation (fly in, bounce, normal things like that). So now I have a nice presentation ready for streaming as normal.

b) Published that to my Content Library. No problems. URL from a different machine works just fine. Everything good to go.

c) Next is the funny stuff. In a meeting room from a Share pod, open the content library and share the ppt. Loads no problem. Looks real good.

d) Advance my slide and lo, during the animation (slide build) I get my own VO during the build. THAT is the problem!!!

Is that by design? Just curious?

To stop the sound all together, I have to open the pod options and mute the sound.

Thanks to anyone who can point me in the right direction!!!
JR

#2 2007-12-27 13:29:02

**_michael_**

Re: Sound 'snippets' from a published ppt when used as content

It is by design.  Publish once, use everywhere.  For example, you could script a seminar presentation, pre-record it, and then use it in the meeting room for your presentation.  This would free you up to perform Q&A in real-time, for example.

An easy method to get around this would be to simply upload the PPT from within the meeting room.  The audio will not come with the PPT in that workflow.

Board footer