Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2007-12-20 13:25:57

**_tpatrice_**

No "My Computer" tab in Powerpoint add-in

I am running Vista with Powerpoint 2007, and want to publish my presentation locally. I understand there should be a "My Computer" tab, in addition to the "Adobe Connect" tab, however, I only have the latter. Is there a setting somewhere that allows this tab visibility for publishing locally?

#2 2007-12-20 13:48:49

alistairlee

Re: No "My Computer" tab in Powerpoint add-in

The trial versions of Adobe Presenter don't provide the ability to publish locally.  You will see the "My Computer" tab if you run a full version of the product.

tpatrice wrote:

I am running Vista with Powerpoint 2007, and want to publish my presentation locally. I understand there should be a "My Computer" tab, in addition to the "Adobe Connect" tab, however, I only have the latter. Is there a setting somewhere that allows this tab visibility for publishing locally?

#3 2008-01-06 21:43:22

**_thomasattrp_**

I recently upgraded to PPT 2007.  Neither Presenter or Connect Pro recognized those files for publishing or uploading. Had to save them in PPT 2003.  Is this my problem, or has Presenter and Pro not upgraded to recognize PPT 2007?

#4 2008-01-07 00:04:36

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Not yet,

Will probably be supported with Connect/Presenter 7.

Jorma_at_RealEyes

#5 2008-01-07 01:42:18

**_steveclyde_**

Is the trial version of Presenter the one that they allow for download off their site?  Where might I be able to find the full version?

#6 2008-01-07 13:48:24

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

You can get the full version from the "Getting Started" link on the homepage of your Connect Enterprise Server.

Jorma_at_RealEyes

#7 2008-01-09 13:17:56

**_steveclyde_**

Can I download the full version for free off of Adobe's site or do I need to buy it?  From the "Getting Started" link, I downloaded the only Presenter program they offer on their downloads page but that program doesn't offer me the choice to publish locally to my computer so I'm wondering whether it's the full version or not.

#8 2008-01-09 18:07:03

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

You only get the full version with the purchase of a license of it. Presenter is only available through an adobe authorized reseller (meaning it doesn't come in a box).

I will get you some more info.

Jorma_at_RealEyes

#9 2008-01-10 14:18:57

**_gprivat_**

You might want to check which version of Presenter you are running.  Local publishing came in V5 and higher.  If you have an older version you would not be able to do so.

Board footer