Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2012-08-18 15:43:31

**_donboyes_**

Presenter 8 showing hidden slides during recording

When I record audio for a presentation in Adobe Presenter 8 (using PowerPoint 2010), it is showing hidden slides during the recording.  I can't find anything about this in the Help or anywhere online.  As far as I can tell, Presenter is supposed to respect hidden slides and not show them.  Am I missing something obvious?  I really don't want to have to delete all of my hidden slides, as I use them a lot.  Thanks for any advice.

#2 2012-08-18 16:13:15

**_catholicon_**

Re: Presenter 8 showing hidden slides during recording

Can you post a link to the recording (or aonther dummy recording showing the issue)?

#3 2012-08-18 16:49:10

**_donboyes_**

Hi - thanks for responding to my question.  I put together a test presentation and when I published it, I noticed that the hidden slide was not included!  Sorry, I'm a Presenter newbie, and this was not at all obvious when I was making my recording.  So I guess my problem is partially solved. 

I do have a follow-up question though - when I'm making a recording that includes hidden slides, the hidden slides are still appearing during the recording process - I guess I have to just click past them while recording?  In case it's still relevant, here's the link to my test file: https://geogutoronto.adobeconnect.com/_ … 33oy8wxla/

Thanks again.

#4 2012-08-18 18:28:27

**_catholicon_**

donboyes wrote:

I do have a follow-up question though - when I'm making a recording that includes hidden slides, the hidden slides are still appearing during the recording process - I guess I have to just click past them while recording?

I'm not sure of what you meant here...anyway, I think looking at the recording should tell me the details.

BTW, I can't access this recording.

You'd need to set public permissions on it for it to accessible.

#5 2012-08-18 19:06:25

**_donboyes_**

Sorry - I have now set the permission to public so you should be able to have a look now.

What I was trying to say earlier is that, when I am creating an audio recording in Presenter, as I go through each slide, the hidden slides are appearing.  This means that as I'm recording, I have to advance the slide past the hidden one.  This may sound minor, but sometimes I might hide a whole section, so this would require me to click through several slides.  I can do it, but I just thought Presenter would be smart enough not to show me the hidden slides when I'm recording.  If this is a limitation of the software, I will have to live with it, but I wanted to check with you and the rest of the forum to make sure this is the case.  Thanks again for your help.

#6 2012-08-18 19:28:31

**_catholicon_**

Oh, I'm sorry...I mis-understood when you said recording as 'connect recordings'. So, what you are saying is that when you are recording audio in presenter, the 'next' in 'record audio dialog' always takes you next slide even if it's hidden.

I don't think there's a way to work-around it, except of course, to continue pressing next until you reach the correct slide.

I think you should put this is in https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/in … e=wishform.

#7 2012-08-18 19:46:43

**_donboyes_**

Ok thanks - at least now I know.

I will definitely add a feature request!

Board footer