Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2012-07-26 12:34:44

**_vklym_**

Get all users in all subgroups

Hi All,

I am trying to get all meeting hosts via the API but the challenge is that sometimes users are added directly to meeting host and other times they are added to a subgroup that is then added as a whole into meeting hosts. What would be the best way to approach that from an API perspective, because we do have cases where someone is in a group, part of a larger group, part of meeting hosts, and would want to account for all users part of meeting hosts. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
Vlad

#2 2012-08-02 13:33:17

**_irfant_**

Re: Get all users in all subgroups

Not sure if this applies to you but perhaps, in your API application, login using some administrator level access; after that, use:
?action=report-bulk-objects&filter-type=meeting
to get the Meeting SCO IDs and then use:
?action=permissions-info&acl-id=".$meetingscoid."&filter-permission-id=host
to only get the 'Hosts' for that Meeting. It should return all Hosts regardless of how they became part of Meetings?

#3 2012-08-06 13:58:27

**_vklym_**

I probably was not clear with the question - I meant users part of the Meeting host or "live-admins" group. That would work to find hosts of meetings but hosts of meetings are not always Meeting hosts or "live-admins".

#4 2012-08-07 13:03:41

**_irfant_**

So why not something like ?:
?action=principal-list"."&filter-type=live-admins

'live-admins' contains Meeting Host.

#5 2012-08-07 13:06:32

**_vklym_**

I don't think that will work since all it does is just return the Meeting Host (live-admins)  group. I am trying to find a way to find all users in the system who are Live-admins/meeting hosts.

#6 2012-08-07 13:42:36

**_irfant_**

Pardon me for being dense but I am unable to understand unless you give a scenario, including if you are adding users to a 'group' and then adding that group to the 'Meeting Host' group?
Here is one possible solution. Get a list of all Meetings:
$myparam = "?action=report-bulk-objects&filter-type=meeting&session=".$mycookie;
Loop through the response to find each Meeting's 'sco-id'.
Use the sco-id to get the Host(s) for that Meeting:
?action=permissions-info&acl-id=".$meetingscoid."&filter-permission-id=host

(My code has php variables, btw).

#7 2012-08-07 13:45:44

**_vklym_**

Sorry for not being thorough and thank you for your persistence! Basically, a user can be part of a group called "AB". AB is a subgroup in a group called "Alphabet". Alphabet is a group located in "Meeting Hosts". This scenario occurs a few times in our system and we are looking for a systematic way to obtain all the Meeting Hosts in our system, considering about 50 or 60 users were directly added to Meeting Hosts and about 20-30 groups were added to Meeting Hosts group. Does that make any sense?

#8 2012-08-07 13:47:44

**_irfant_**

Yeah and I think the solution in my previous post will return all the Hosts so long as they are part of Meetings.  Will that work?

#9 2012-08-07 13:49:01

**_vklym_**

I think so but if you are not a meeting host and I am a meeting host, I can add you as a host to my meeting. You are not part of the meeting host group but you do host a meeting. I am trying to find a way to only get users part of the meeting host group.

#10 2012-08-07 13:55:57

**_irfant_**

Ahha, gotcha!
Here is a sort of the hack way I did it a few days ago--and posted to this forum.
The first time a Meeting is created then only users part of the Meeting Host group are listed as Meeting Hosts. But if they add more Hosts then, of course, those users show up as Hosts in:
$myparam = "?action=report-bulk-objects&filter-type=meeting&session=".$mycookie;
even though the newly added users were not originally part of the Meeting Host group. So my hack grabbed only the first principal-id and that would get me the original Host.

Here is some code to grab the first Host, in a loop:
------------------------------------------
if ($child->getName() == "permissions")
                            {

$firstchild = $child->principal[0];//grab only the first child--should be the original Host!
--------------------------------------
the $firstchild will have the 'principal-id' etc for the original Host.

#11 2012-08-07 14:01:01

**_vklym_**

Ah that is interesting, I will try it. I think I may have found a way to do it through the DB - thankfully an option since it is a hosted on-premise version of connect. EXT_USERS and EXT_USER_GROUPS contain user data and you can join the tables to find NAME='{live-admins}' and it will return anyone who eventually has a top level authority of Meeting Host.

#12 2012-08-07 14:05:07

**_irfant_**

Good that you have found a way in DB. I think my code too will work assuming that the first 'principal-id' in any Meeting will always come from someone from the Meeting Hosts group. BUT my code is not going to work without some modification in your case. In plain term, for you:
1) Grab all Meetings
2) Find the principal-ids with a filter for 'type' 'host' using Meeting's 'sco-id to get the 'permissions-info'
3) Loop through and grab only the first principal-id--which should give your the original Host.

Good luck.

Board footer