Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2007-12-03 10:55:19

**_jimrook_**

Whiteboard usage

I've been playing around with the whiteboard functions and came across some issues. Wondering if anyone has managed to overcome these.

1. Is it possible to cut and paste from 1 whiteboard to another in the same meeting space?

2. Is it possible to transfer whiteboard content to an external application like MS Word?

3. Is it possible to transfer content from applications such as MS Word to whiteboards?

4. I notice that a resize of a non full screen whiteboard pod to full screen loses any whiteboard drawn info from the screen edges.....and there are no scroll bars to be able to view the content at the extremes of the whiteboard. The only way i have found to get around this is to start using the whiteboard only at full screen size. Then changing from full screen to smaller pod size just shrinks everything.

Any help much appreciated.
Regards. Jim.

#2 2007-12-03 11:42:56

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Whiteboard usage

Jim,

1. No, there is currently no way to do this in Connect

2. None that I am aware of, you can however print the content on the white board to paper, SWF or PDF if you have Acrobat Pro.

3. Yes, Use FlashPaper to convert any document to SWF and then you can share it in the share pod.

4. Not sure what you are needing here, If you want the white board larger, it seems you found the way to do it (full pod mode, or full screen mode).

Hope that helps some,

Jorma_at_RealEyes

#3 2007-12-04 05:40:11

**_jimrook_**

Thanks for those answers.

Suppose my point #4 was more advice/workaround rather than needing a response.

Although it is a pain if you want to use a whiteboard not in full screen mode, because if you do that and then subsequently increase to full screen mode, some of the stuff drawn on the whiteboard disappears off the  screen edges(presumably Connect has an automatic aspect ratio setting when a whiteboard is resized). Shame though that there are no scroll bars to navigate to the whiteboard parts that are not on the screen real estate.

Cheers. Jim.

#4 2007-12-06 17:01:22

**_thomasattrp_**

Have found the whiteboard quite cumbersome to use especially writing something with the mouse. We type in info rather than try to draw.  Yesterday, however, we tried a new approach:  We made a new layout called "flip charts."  We then created three "note" pods and sized them the same width from top to bottom of the screen.  Then we typed, quite easily, our content onto the notes in size 20 font.  Worked easily and was viewable by some who were in a room with a projector.  Not a desirable solution. But one that worked.  I was able to paste text from a Word document into a Whiteboard. Click on the large A, then click on the screen anywhere and "paste."  It made it one line so had to use enter key to size it to the board.  Also pasted text from a Word document into the Whiteboard after click "A" and then clicking on the screen to crate an insert box. Then pasted. Had to be formatted, however. The font size was whatever the whiteboard font is set on.

#5 2007-12-07 04:29:09

**_jimrook_**

The note pods as a flip chart are a brilliant idea. I will use that instead of the whiteboard. Essentially i am tring to emulate flip chart usage anyway (just with text) and so the note pods are perfect for that :-)

#6 2007-12-07 17:06:36

**_Terry_at_RefinedData_com_**

Just be aware that your particpants may have a completely different view of your notepods depending on their screen resolution and their browser window size.

One of our big complaints about the note-pod is that the content does not scale. This means that text that looks great to a presenter and fits beautifully inside a notepod may be very difficult to read for a participant.

To see the effect, just open a notepod and log in as a guest on a computer without the add-in. Then try resizing the browser window to different sizes to see how it affects the appearance of the notepod.

I try to avoid the note pod except for small snippets such as an email address or phone number for this reason. Many presenters are completely unaware of how different the guest experience can be.

Board footer