Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2012-07-13 07:52:08

**_vklym_**

Adobe Connect Mobile App and Android 4.0

In previous version of the android os, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.3.2, 3.0 clicking on an Adobe Connect link would trigger the mobile app to open for the meeting. Now with android 4.0 it seems to never do that and instead opens up a link in a browser, where the browser page then prompts the user to open up the Adobe Connect Mobile app. Is this a known bug or is something needed to setup a mobile device to auto-open meetings in the Adobe Connect App?

Thanks,
Vlad

#2 2012-07-15 09:37:50

**_peglaws_**

Re: Adobe Connect Mobile App and Android 4.0

I have a similar problem on my Samsung Galaxy S3, Android 4.0.4.  I am unable to type in a meeting URL on the mobile startup screen - the box is not active; when I try to access the meeting via my browser, I can type in my username & password, but the link to actually enter the meeting (choice between open meeting in mobile or open meeting in browser) - both inactive.  I am able to log into my main Adobe Connect account, but cannot enter any of my meetings.

Peggy

#3 2012-07-23 16:05:18

**_praha_**

hi peglaws, vklym,

we are investigating this issue. however, we can only reproduce this problem on Samsung Galaxy SIII phone and were not able to reproduce this issue on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10") tablet running Android 4.0.4.

-minh

#4 2012-07-23 16:14:23

**_praha_**

By the way, while I could launch the Connect mobile app via the browser, however, I was able to enter the meeting URL into the Connect mobile app.

Peglaws, can you confirm whether you were able to enter the meeting URL into the Connect mobile app? This is the meeting URL:

http://my.adobeconnect.com/connectrules/ and you can enter as a guest.

-minh

#5 2012-08-04 16:15:49

**_peglaws_**

I was able to enter the Connect Rules room. Thanks for the test site. I have no luck connecting to my institutions Connect.  Browsing to a room and am able to enter my username and password, but the page with the "Open meeting in Adobe Connect Mobile" and "Open meeting in browser" is as far as I can get - neither of those two links are active.  Does something need to be set up in my own institutions Connect to allow an android mobile connection?

#6 2012-08-04 17:03:13

**_praha_**

peglaws:

I understand there is a problem with the issue on the Samsung Galaxy SIII phone where it would not allow you to select the option to launch the Connect mobile app within the browser, so have you tried to enter the meeting URL directly into the Connect mobile app?

Board footer