Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2012-07-10 15:53:10

**_IdaBaraybar_**

Updating a course or curriculum

I need to update a course.  Do I delete the old course and load the new one?  If not, (it would mess up the reporting side of things) how do you update the courses?
Also, if the courses are under curricula, how do you do it?
Please help!
Thank you
Ida

#2 2012-07-10 16:09:59

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Updating a course or curriculum

Once you have uploaded the updated version of your presentation to content, you would go to the course version of the presentation and then choose 'Select Content'. You should either select the new version of the content, or verify that the content object you just updated is still selected and choose the save button at the bottom of the screen. You will get a warning message about the course being updated, and confirm that is what you want.

Any curriculum associated with that course will be automatically updated to the newest version of the course.

The automatic updating is supposed to happen between the content and the course, but I have never seen it work.

You shouldn't need to delete the older version of the course, as you would lose the reports for it if you do. All the Content and Courses do version tracking. In the Course reports, you should be able to see what version of the course the individuals interacted with.

#3 2012-11-12 12:31:33

**_CB_**

Didn't Connect, when running a course report, used to allow you to view the version the user had taken?

So, in other words, if you'd updated the course content, the course would become version 2 in the reports for subsequent students. If it were the type of course that a user might have to take annually, they would have version 1, 2 in the course report.

I remember each of those versions used to be 'clickable' allowing an admin to view that particular user's interactions on that particular version. So, the 1 would be hyperlinked, as would the 2.

This doesn't appear to be the case anymore. It seems like it only reports the most current version the user has taken, no prior versions.

Anyone else noticed this, or know anything about this possible feature change?

#4 2012-11-12 12:38:22

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

I've never seen the ability to see multiple version reports within Connect Training. Since, once a learner has completed a course, they cannot take the course again unless their transcript is reset (thus dumping all the reports from previous interactions).

If they failed the old version and passed the new version, then you should be able to see all their answers by clicking their name in the By User report. There will then be a version drop-down at the top of the report that you can filter by version.

#5 2012-11-12 12:51:52

**_CB_**

Nah, you used to be able to click on the version...Maybe it was in the case of a user who's status was altered....

Board footer