Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2012-06-25 13:32:32

**_acariasWestwoodEdu_**

Failed Content/Exam

I have a exam in a curriculum that a user must pass with 85%.  However, if they fail I do not want them to access the evaluation again.  I've sent the "Max Attempts" to 1, however they can still access the module in "Review Mode".

Is there a way for the module to "lock" if they fail and require the user to email me to reset?

#2 2012-06-26 12:40:17

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Failed Content/Exam

The only way I know to dis-allow the review mode is to go into the viewer.xml file that is in the data folder output by Presenter and change the setting for Review mode to false

Change allowReviewMode="true"
to 
allowReviewMode="false"

Additonally, you could go into the Viewerconv.xsl file located at C:\Program Files\Adobe\Presenter 7 and find the line where it identifies how to set the review mode

xsl:when test="property[@id=$nallowReviewMode]/@value='1'">
                        <xsl:value-of select="$nMyTrue" />
                    </xsl:when>

Change the value='1' to value='0' and all presentations published after you save that file should not allow review mode. You can double check this by looking at the viewer.xml file and validate that the review mode setting is false.

#3 2012-06-26 14:07:22

**_acariasWestwoodEdu_**

I am using Articulate to edit my content and upload to Adobe Connect.  I don't have the Adobe 7 folder.

#4 2012-06-27 10:54:41

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Ah, well, it may be that the server assumes the review mode functionality unless otherwise stated. You should be able to put the code into the appropriate xml file in your Articulate presentation, but since I don't work with Articulate, I'm not sure exactly where that would be.

You would want to use the first code example.

Board footer