Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2012-06-05 03:25:19

**_alsodenn_**

caughtUp Event - List of all sync messages?

Hi

I have a custom pod with a audioplayer. The host can set a file path to a audio file to play this audio file for all participants.

This works so far.
But I have a problem with the sync messages. This is the code snippet:

connector.dispatchSyncMessage("loadAudio", audioPath, true);

The Problem:
If the host opens 2 or more audio files after another and someone joins later then all audio files will be loading because p_isDelta is true.

Question 1:
If the caughtUp event is fired, can I get a lilst of all sync messages? So I control which sync message  I want to execute and which not?

Question 2:
Have someone a idea how I can execute only the last "loadAudio" sync message?

Thank you for your help!

#2 2012-06-05 08:52:21

alistairlee

Re: caughtUp Event - List of all sync messages?

Hey alsodenn,

It sounds like setting the p_isDelta parameter to false would solve the problem. Is there a reason you need it set to true?

Thanks,
Alistair

#3 2012-06-06 00:43:57

**_alsodenn_**

Hi Alistair

If the host dispatch the syncMessage "loadAudio" with p_isDelta false and a participant joins later, then the participant don't hear the sound.

Thats because p_isDelta is true.

#4 2012-06-14 11:24:25

**_jamerson_**

alsodenn, with problems like this in the past I've set the delta to false. The when the pod initiates check to see if the user is host, if it's not then send a message out requesting the current audio file. When the message is recieved, check to see if it's a host, if it is, then broadcast the current audio file. If you include the participant id with the request, you can target the user and not effect any other participants in the room.

#5 2012-06-14 12:18:52

**_alsodenn_**

Hi jamerson

Thank you for your reply. This is a good idea.

In my project I solve the problem with a time checker.
If the same command arrives soon after another in short time (in caught up phase) then it aborts the previous command.

Last edited by **_alsodenn_** (2012-06-14 12:20:12)

Board footer