Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2007-11-09 08:36:29

**_rickgibson_**

LDAP import - Groups

I'm using the LDAP import to sync our logins to AD. We currently have about 40,000 users and it seems to work well. I'm unable to obtain a good group to import that contains all users. AD doesn't appear to make this available via LDAP in a usable manner.

What I need is a way to have all imported users from LDAP become members of the builtin Learners group. I see an option to do this from the .csv import screen but nothing that seems to help during the LDAP import.

#2 2008-01-04 15:55:09

**_McCauley_**

Re: LDAP import - Groups

I may be misunderstanding your question, but once I selected import under "Users and Groups", there are radial buttons that can be selected to direct where your users can be dumped. I thought the LDAP import created a .csv file?

If you wanted to place all the 40,000 users in the predesignated Learners group you would select "Create new users and add them to a group" There is a drop down that then allows you to chose your Learner group.

You do need to create your group before you import or at least know that is going into one of the existing groups. If you select "create new users" you'll just be creating guests that you'd need to convert through "users and Groups" later.

Board footer