Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2007-11-06 16:46:52

**_mishiev_**

Enhanced Participant Rights

I've just discovered that you can modify presenter rights using the "Enhanced Participation Rights" feature in the seminar room. This is quite an exciting concept as I've long mused how great it would be to provide more limited presenter access to the clients we run our presentations for to limit the "too many cooks..." problem with live programs and multiple "presenters". However, I have just tried using this feature and have had no luck. Even though I have de-selected certain options for the presenter, they still have access to those functions. In addition, after checking and unchecking the options to my heart's content and noting that that hasn't changed their "rights", I notice that when I go back to their options everything is checked. In other words, everything I un-checked doesn't seem to have stuck. I've tried this repeatedly to no avail, with several sample participants. Anyone else suffer with the same problem? Any great solutions?

I would love to be able to use this feature because as of now, we have stopped allowing "presenter" access to our clients following several occasions where their having access to all functions has led to them accidentally hitting "stop sharing" a presentation and other likewise destructive things (they love randomly pressing buttons, it seems). Please help!!!

#2 2007-11-06 16:59:46

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Enhanced Participant Rights

If you notice the option you are trying to change is "Enhanced PARTICIPANT Rights", not "Enhanced PRESENTER Rights". Changes made to the participant rights do not affect the presenters. The permissions for the Presenter is predefined and cannot be reduced or increased within the room.

Putting requests for features like this will no doubt let Adobe know of the needs of the users, and may lead to a solution in the next version due out Spring of 08. Keep an eye out for press releases and feature lists.

Jorma_at_Realeyes

Board footer