Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2007-11-01 21:20:29

**_Rdoucette_**

Meeting invitation time zone mismatch

I use the hosted version of Connect.

My profile indcates EST as my default time zone yet when I send out invitations for meetings it adds 3 hours and states PST as the time zone -which is particularly upsetting since I use the iCal attachment to easily let participants add the meeting to their calendar and it is hopelessly inaccurte as a result.

Anyone else with this problem on the hosted version?

#2 2007-11-02 10:29:04

**_DanLynch_**

Re: Meeting invitation time zone mismatch

Are you using a vanilla meeting, or are you using a meeting inside an event?  Meetings seem to assume that they're in your time zone and work fine for me.  Events have their own time zone setting when you're creating the event and it might be defaulting to PST on your system.

Dan

#3 2007-11-03 08:32:05

**_Rdoucette_**

Thanks for the suggestion - it is a simple stand-alone meeting but I will keep your tip in mind for when I create one within an event.

I have a case opened with Adobe, if they provide a resolution I will post it here.

Raymond

#4 2007-11-05 23:14:20

**_Rdoucette_**

Here's the problem resolution:

1) The time zone setting under My Profile > Edit My Preferences controls the time zone as used by the iCAL attachment in a meeting invitation.

2) The time zone setting under Administration > Edit Information controls the time setting as used by the variables in the body of the invitation text, to wit:
When:  {meeting-time}
Time Zone:  {time-zone}

You have to change the time zone in both locations to have a meeting invitation with consistent information in iCal and invitation message text.

I had been changing the time zone in the Administration module only.

There is also an extra wrinkle.

When changing the time zone settings, meetings that already exist will not be affected - even if you subsequently change the date/time of a meeting. If you want an existing meeting to use your new time zone info you need to delete it and then recreate it.

I have placeholders for a dozen meetings that were created a while ago and I simply edit them as a new meeting is needed. I have eight breakout rooms that I can fire up when needed for different classes etc ... I had to delete all of these and recreate them to fix this problem for all of my meetings.

So my problem is, if not solved, than at least better understood.

I would prefer that time zone settings be displayed and controlled on the meeting invitation page for maximum visibility and flexibility. I've said as much to Adobe support - you may or may not agree with the request but I think it makes sense.

Now if I can only figure out why my CPU pegs at 100% when I activate audio/VOIP I might actually be able to run a class. :-)

Last edited by **_Rdoucette_** (2007-11-05 23:17:16)

Board footer