Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2007-11-01 12:10:12

**_redbird_**

Inserting Captivate into Presenter

We are new Connect users and are struggling with inserting Captivate movies into Presenter slides and having them fill all of the available real estate. They currently fill only about 3/4 of the screen. Any suggestions about what we might be doing wrong?

#2 2007-11-01 13:10:01

**_daminsky_**

Re: Inserting Captivate into Presenter

You should be able to export your Captivate as an SWF file.  Then insert the SWF into the PowerPoint using the Insert Flash option from the Adobe menu.  You should be able to resize to any size you want, then publish.  I haven't tried going larger than 3/4 of ppt, but I assume it would work just fine.

#3 2007-11-01 19:16:21

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

daminsky is correct. You just simply drag and drop to stretch and resize the video in the slide until it is the size you want. Just like re-sizing an image you insert into PPT.

Jorma_at_RealEyes

#4 2008-03-18 11:13:28

**_robva65_**

Hi All!

Just a quick heads-up here...althought it is true that adding Captivate swfs to a presentation is very easy to accomplish, remember to keep this in mind:

A resized object containing bitmap graphics will degrade in visual quality...including swf files!!!  And although Adobe recommends max dimensions at something like 700 x 550 ( I forget the exact measurements now), most screens I create are a bit smaller than that.

So when it's time to record in Captivate, its a really good idea to have output dimensions in mind so as to minimize whatever scaling you need to do in PowerPoint.  Even with Cap3 you can specify custom dimensions which will give you some level of flexibility (ex: capturing in a more landscape mode vs. portrait mode) which can help reduce artifacts after publishing in the Captivate environment.

Rob

www.robrode.com/yabb/

Board footer