Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2007-10-19 11:23:54

**_aharper_**

Camera and Voice pod in the Connect Professional meeting room

Currently a meeting room host's webcam image appears next to black boxes representing the other people in the room who have activated the camera and voice pod.  Is there any way to have only one person's image projected when other users are also using the camera and voice pod voice component?

#2 2007-10-19 12:03:13

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Camera and Voice pod in the Connect Professional meeting room

The short answer is no, but the long answer is yes.

With the existing C/V pod there is not way to just have one person showing camera and voice with all the other users having just voice (without the black figure). There is the option in the world of Custom pod applications to achieve any of your needs. I hate to make this sound like a sales pitch, but, RealEyes Media is working on developing a set of custom video pods that allow you to have one video running, separate from the audio.

There are many shops around that can create custom pods, feel free to email me or use the Adobe's site to find a partner that looks good to you if you want to discuss custom pods.

Jorma_at_RealEyes

#3 2007-10-22 16:28:01

**_jameslloyd_**

url please?

#4 2007-10-22 18:07:29

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

URL? for RealEyes Media? http://www.realeyes.com

You can also search Adobe's website
http://partners.adobe.com/public/asn/pa … index.html
but it is not the easiest to navigate.

feel free to email me or find the shop that seems right for you.

Jorma_at_RealEyes

#5 2007-10-23 14:15:47

**_jameslloyd_**

thanks Jorma

#6 2007-11-06 16:22:55

**_Terry_at_RefinedData_com_**

Hi James,

We're developing a custom Video Pod that would be separate from the standard Camera/Voice pod.

Our solution will provide the ability to select the source device and broadcast the video via a Flash Media Server back into the meeting room. The beauty of the solution is that you could still have other users accessing the existing voice pod for VOIP but you could hide that pod while showing the video from a single key speaker at the same time in a separate window.

This would also allow you to bring in any live video stream to your meetings - say a sports event or other broadcast - without the source feed having anything to do with ConnectPro.

The other feature of our pod will be the ability to give control of the pod to a specific attendee.

If I knew more about what you're trying to achieve we could discuss the application in more depth.

Regards,

Terry

Board footer