Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2012-05-03 10:56:50

**_dtwaters_**

Powerpoint keeps Crashing - recording audio

I've searched through the forum and can't seem to find a solution to problem.
I'm using presenter 7.0.7 build 7746, Using Powerpoint 2007, Windows 7 Machine, 8gb RAM 2.53ghz i5 processor.
I'm simply trying to record audio for my presentation and powerpoint keeps crashing telling me to disable the presenter plugin.
It does this after three or four slides every time and across many presentations.
Does anyone have a clue to what's causing this?

Thanks in advance dave

#2 2012-05-03 11:23:43

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Powerpoint keeps Crashing - recording audio

I've heard of this problem from other users. It seems like there may be a bug in the audio recording tool, but I've not heard any official word from Adobe on that.

For reasons other than this, we do all of our audio recordings in an audio recording tool (Soundbooth, Audition, Audacity, etc.) and then import the audio into Presenter. We've not had any problem with Presenter crashing with this workflow.

#3 2012-05-03 17:31:57

**_rwt7_**

I'm having the same problem and others; I'm a new user and am shocked that there seem to be lots of ways to lose all your work...

The way that I workaround the problem you mention is to save audio after every slide or two. It's a pain, but much better than losing all the work...

#4 2012-07-17 08:24:09

**_vanblokland_**

I had similar issues. I found that if I used the .PPTX format instead of PPT-compatibility mode, that made the problems go away.  Not sure what file format you are using.

#5 2012-07-23 13:29:35

**_ChrisH_**

I struggled with this issue too - was totally pulling my hair out... I eventually found this support page buried out there, applied the patch, and it worked like a champ!!  Haven't had any audio crashes since...  Hope it works for you too...

http://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-connect/kb … ashes.html

Edited to add: I currently have the exact same Presenter and PPT version build as OP, I should've mentioned that originally.

Cheers, Chris

Last edited by **_ChrisH_** (2012-07-23 13:34:24)

#6 2012-07-31 13:01:48

**_mvlele_adobe_**

Hello,

Sorry to know that you are facing issues with audio recording with Presenter.

We have fixed many such audio issues in Presenter 8 and are confident it works well now. Kindly download and try out a 30 day free trial of Presenter 8.

Regards,
Mukul

Board footer