Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2012-05-01 18:37:48

**_JWalker_**

Course Won't Unlock After Pre-Reqs Completed

We have a simple curriculum that consists of several "optional" or not required courses and an Oath of Completion (required) and Certificate of Completion (required and Oath is pre-req). 

The Oath is a two-slide PowerPoint (presenter, short-answer slide/quiz that asks for people to input their name and a regular slide that follows with a little bit of instruction so that the quiz will recognize the answering of the question and let the user move on and open/print the Certificate of Completion in the curriculum.  This process works for most people (we have over 5000 people moving through this) but, for about 10% it doesn't work and won't unlock the Certificate for printing. 

To troubleshoot, we've ensured they are answering the question, letting the final slide of the quiz play in entirety, and closing the quiz.  We've logged in as them and tried to complete it ourselves. Nothing seems to work for some people's transcripts, but to override them... is anyone else having this problem?  I'm really thinking it's something on the user's end, but the fact that we can't even make it work here (under their username/password) is really strange.

#2 2012-05-08 14:26:47

**_pierre.fontaine_**

Re: Course Won't Unlock After Pre-Reqs Completed

We had a similar problems with training that terminates by an exam. The exam is hidden until student has viewed all "modules" .

I had one student who viewed the modules but her exam did not unlock. Somewhere the server must have not recorded she had viewed one or a few of the slides. I had her review the presentation and watch each slide for at least 1 second before skipping to next slide and the module status turned to completed.

Similar problems occured to 2 other students , it seems all were using a WIFI connection, my students are optometrists and one told me he was viewing the courses on and off between patients. I suspect the connection or the server may have timed out or the WIFI may have missed sending "handshakes" to the server when opening next slide .

Another symptom I feel is related is that one may view a whole presentation, but the cumulative reading time recorded in the server remains null. In our case, this is problematic since to obtain credits for a training , a student must have viewed each module for a duration equal or greater than its nominal duration .

I fear this problem will become more common as portable computer become more and more popular.

I hope Adobe adresses this issue.

Board footer