Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2007-10-13 11:07:27

**_Blik_**

Migrating/ Merging 2 servers to a new one

Hi there,

I'll have to consolidate/ migrate/ merge two existing Connect 6 SP2 Servers to a brand new one (also Connect 6 SP2).

Does anyone here know a way on how to do this? These two servers did exist for quite a long time (one of them was actually a Breeze 4 server). Both contain - with some exceptions - totally seperate users.

Right now I'm somewhat clueless.

I was hoping there is some sort of tool that lets me in step 1 create something like an "image" that contains all Database and content data (I mean all the files that are created when you open meetings, materials and recordings, including user-bindings). In step 2, this tool (if it exists) should be able to upload sequentially all data which was retrieved in step 1 to the new server, while creating new unique links and IDs where a collision would occur.

I don't know if I explained it so that it can be understood!?!?
Surely this cannot be done manually. Has anyone of you heard of such a tool or does anyone know a how-to-do that at least describes how this could be done manually?

Regards
Blik

#2 2007-10-18 11:05:26

**_ClusterUP_**

Re: Migrating/ Merging 2 servers to a new one

Does each server have a different Serial License Key and separate content and a separate DB as well?

#3 2007-10-19 12:55:16

**_Blik_**

Situation is as follows:

Server 1 --> License "A"
Server 2 --> License "B"

New Server: Uses License "B", which is "bigger & better" than license "A".
Content on Server 1 & 2 is different, so are the users (with a few double entries). The DBs have a separate name.

Looking forward to your reply!

Regards
Blik

#4 2007-10-22 12:21:18

**_ClusterUP_**

Hi,

I have seen an unsupported and undocumented tool that uses the API to take all the users and groups from one server and move them to another server, but the content is another issue.  The most straightforward approach for the content would be to manually republish it to the new server. Download it from the old and upload it to the new.

There is a caveat. If the second server is new, then why does it have a new license? If you added a second server to the old license, then you could cluster the servers, replicate the contents until uniform on both then pull the older server out of the cluster and decommission it.

In lieue of atticking this manually, you may consider using an Enablement Services Adobe partner to help. There are quite a few out there who work on Connect and depending on your location, you may reside near one of them.

HTH

Board footer