Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2007-10-09 14:27:00

**_philip_**

Recording on AC Pro...

Has anyone used the recording feature of AC PRo?  specifically, i'm referring to the following scenario...

You do not use VOIP, so you prefer that the system calls into your own teleconference line, in order to pick up all the audio from the session.

I realize i could use my mic input in my desktop, but I prefer to record the teleconference line to catch all the other participant feedback.

If you've done something similar, how does it work, and does it work well?

#2 2007-10-09 14:44:12

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Recording on AC Pro...

Right at the moment there is only one phone bridge option that intergrates with Connect and it is from Premier Audio. Talking to them will get you set up with a phone bridge that works within the meeting room so all of the audio is recorded. I think their rate is around $.06/min but they will be able to give you the exact quote.

There is another company that is coming out with a phone bridge that will do the same thing, but their product currently only works for licensed accounts, with the hosted option coming soon.

I will have more details on the second option in the future. Feel free to email me

Jorma_at_RealEyes

#3 2007-10-09 15:24:23

cucadmin

My favourite option is to use the integrated telephony option (Premiere for hosted; Premiere, Avaya, or Cisco for on premise).

Another option though would be to use a telephone recorder patch.
trp_100_new3.gif

This would give you the option to stream any phone call (using any provider) to your computer microphone and record the call.  Though you'd officially be using VOIP, it would record the entire telephone conversation.

#4 2007-10-10 07:55:16

**_philip_**

awesome idea cucadmin.

thanks for the info also jorma.

as an enhancement... I'd love for AC to integrate telephony as easily as livemeeting does.  Even better, is that they do not charge per minute.  mind you 100 recordings of an hour in length each, at 6 cents is only 360 bucks... not too bad, or worth moaning over, eh?

Now, question two regarding recordings... is there a way to record the 'participants' view, instead of just the presenter?  No one wants to see the wizard behind the curtain, when they are learning something through a recorded AC session, I'm hoping that there is a way to do it somehow... help :-)

#5 2007-10-10 10:35:56

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Whenever you record a meeting through the Record Meeting tool in the Meeting drop down menu, it records the meeting as a participant, for that exact reason, and it records it off the server so even if the participants are having lag issues, the recording won't show it.

Jorma_at_RealEyes

#6 2007-10-23 10:01:13

**_ddarling37_**

My name is Darlene Owens and I work for Premiere Global Services.  I can provide you with the audio plug in that allows you to record the audio and manage it from the Adobe platform.  My number is 610-689-0558 and my email address is darlene.owens@premiereglobal.com.  Pricing for the service is volume sensative the rate quoted in this string may or may not be the lowest rate you can get.

#7 2007-10-30 11:30:05

**_aaron_schuyler_**

philip wrote:

awesome idea cucadmin.

thanks for the info also jorma.

as an enhancement... I'd love for AC to integrate telephony as easily as livemeeting does.  Even better, is that they do not charge per minute.  mind you 100 recordings of an hour in length each, at 6 cents is only 360 bucks... not too bad, or worth moaning over, eh?

Now, question two regarding recordings... is there a way to record the 'participants' view, instead of just the presenter?  No one wants to see the wizard behind the curtain, when they are learning something through a recorded AC session, I'm hoping that there is a way to do it somehow... help :-)

The Premiere rate of $0.06 per minute is per person on the call. 100 one hour sessions with 15 people on the line would cost $5,400.00
:-)

ouch.
Aaron

by the way, it's what we use (along with a THAT2 audio tap to broadcast using VOIP to large audiences from a phone conference as mentioned in another post).

Board footer