Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2007-10-05 06:24:43

**_cloudspeed_**

Squid

Just back from a demo where many connectivity problems arised reaching our Breeze server from the customer site.
The error message was provided by Squid - which I assume was deployed in front of the customer LAN.
I do remember other users reporting problems with Connect being deployed behind Squid.
On the Adobe knowledgebase I couldn't find any reported bugs about reverse proxying (our server does not implement SSL connection, nor SSO).
Do you know of any non-official issues related to Connect and reverse proxying?
thank you,
francesco

#2 2007-10-10 15:17:54

**_luxem_**

Re: Squid

We have been running into tons of problems with customers behind proxy servers being unable to connect to our server (we run licensed).  This is a new issue since Connect 6, and was never a problem with 5.x and earlier.  So far, Adobe Support has been unable (or unwilling) to help resolve this.

About the only proxy server that I have been able to confirm as a problem is ISA, but it's highly possible that other proxy servers do not work with Breeze/Connect either.

#3 2007-10-12 05:38:25

**_cloudspeed_**

thank you very much for replying luxem.
anyway, this must not be the case as we run 5.1 SP1 licensed while the same customer reports no problems connecting to 6.0 licensed
sure further investigation is required..

#4 2007-10-12 06:41:56

**_josh_**

Maybe Adobe can post some hints, howtos on setting up Adobe Connect behind Squid,

Regards
Josh

Board footer