Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2007-10-03 19:59:15

**_niallo_**

Connect Add-In crash

I am using Connect6 SP3, Licensed platform. I am seeing a problem where the Connect add-in sometimes crashes when I click on the enable button of the Video pod.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so, do you have any information as to its cause, and how I might go about fixing it?

#2 2007-10-05 11:59:27

**_ristonj_**

Re: Connect Add-In crash

Hi niallo,

By chance, are you using a Logitech Quickcam?  If so, you need to disable the Acoustic Echo Cancellation.  The AEC from Logitech and Connect clash and cause this crash.

http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/cgi … _topview=1

Hope this helps.

#3 2007-10-09 01:07:35

**_niallo_**

ristonj

Thanks for the information. I am using a Logitech camera (actually a Logicool QCam Communicate STX), but I am not using the built-in microphone.
Also, I have other PCs with no camera attached on which I see the add-in crash as well.

#4 2007-10-16 11:01:31

**_UteWebMonkey_**

We've experienced an add-in crashs after the SP3 update with the Microsoft Lifecam 3000 on a Sony Vaio running Vista. We have Connect hosted. One time the add-in crashed completely. The other time the camera froze up and we had to restart video sharing.  Any insights would be appreciated. Thanks;

#5 2008-02-08 11:47:34

**_Wmccarthy_**

check to see about other 3rd party software.  We had this same issue and it turned out to be the Kensington Mouse software.  Kensington Mouse Works.

Board footer