Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2012-04-02 10:36:04

**_kevinmui_**

Shared Storage

What is SOP for using Shared Storage?  (as opposed to having all content mirrored to all clusters).

Do I create a share for the actual folder?  Who do I give write/full access to?

Thanks,
Kevin

#2 2012-04-02 10:49:12

**_kevinmui_**

Re: Shared Storage

Never mind!  http://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-connect/kb … -path.html answered all my question.

Question now is, do I have to change the Log On As service on all the machines in the cluster?  (I'm assuming yes)

Last edited by **_kevinmui_** (2012-04-02 10:50:16)

#3 2012-04-02 11:28:46

**_gajett_**

Here are the full instructions for shared storage:
( i believe you are on the second set of steps, configure shared storage for additional servers in a cluster, near the bottom)

Configure shared storage
Adobe Connect should be configured without shared storage and running on one server before you proceed.
1Configure a shared volume on a external storage device.
The account under which the Connect service runs must have read and write permissions on the shared volume.
2(Optional) If you are updating an existing Adobe Connect server to use shared storage volumes, you must copy the content from one of the existing servers to the shared volume.
aStop the server (Start > Programs > Adobe Connect Server > Stop Connect Central Application Server and Stop Connect Meeting Server).
bCopy the folder[root_install_dir]\content\7 to the shared volume you created in step 1.
Some computers in a cluster may have extra content. Adobe Connect cannot use these files but if you want to copy them to the shared volume for archival purposes, you could write and run a script that compares the content of every computer with the content of the shared volume.
cStart Adobe Connect (Start > Programs > Adobe Connect Server > Start Connect Meeting Server and Start Connect Central Application Server).
3On the Adobe Connect server, choose Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services to open the Services window, select Adobe Connect Service, and do the following:
aRight-click and select Properties.
bSelect the Log On tab.
cSelect This account and if the shared volume has a username and password, enter them and click Apply.
4Restart Adobe Connect (application server only).
aChoose Start > Programs > Adobe Connect Server > Stop Connect Central Application Server.
bChoose Start > Programs > Adobe Connect Server > Start Connect Central Application Server.
5Open the Application Management Console (Start > Programs > Adobe Connect Server > Configure Connect Enterprise Server).
6On the Application Settings tab, select the Server Settings tab, scroll down to the Shared Storage Settings section and enter a folder path in the Shared Storage box (for example, \\volume\directory).
If the primary storage device fills up, you can add another device to the primary position. Separate the paths by semicolons (;): \\volume\directory;\\volume2\directory.
Note: Writing (copying to the storage folder) is performed only on the first folder. Reading (copying from the storage folder) is performed in sequence starting with the first folder until the file is found.
7(Optional) To configure the content folder on Adobe Connect to act like a cache (assets are removed automatically when space is needed and are restored on demand), enter a value in the Content Cache Size box.
The content cache size is a percentage of the disk space to use as a cache. Adobe recommends that you set the value between 15 and 50 because the cache can grow well beyond the set size. The cache is purged only after viewed content has expired (24 hours after it was last viewed).
8Click Save and close the Application Management Console.
9Restart Adobe Connect (application server only).
aChoose Start > Programs > Adobe Connect Server > Stop Connect Central Application Server.
bChoose Start > Programs > Adobe Connect Server > Start Connect Central Application Server.

Configure shared storage for additional servers in a cluster
1Install Adobe Connect but do not start it. If Adobe Connect is installed and already running, stop it.
2On the Adobe Connect server, choose Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services to open the Services window, select Adobe Connect Service, and do the following:
aRight-click and select Properties.
bSelect the Log On tab.
cSelect This account and if the shared volume has a username and password, enter them and click Apply.
3Start Adobe Connect.
aChoose Start > Programs > Adobe Connect Server > Start Connect Meeting Server.
4(Optional) If you are installing Adobe Connect for the first time, follow the steps in

#4 2012-04-03 14:04:11

**_kevinmui_**

Thanks Gajett, all makes sense and I got it working.  Cheers!!!

#5 2012-04-04 10:12:04

**_gajett_**

Excellent!

--g--

Board footer