Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2007-09-22 09:21:28

**_carehart_**

Renaming a meeting

When a new Connect meeting (room) is created, it defaults to a system-generated name with numeric values if we don't pick one.

But I'd like to rename an existing meeting/room since I failed to pick a friendly name originally. I realize I could "just create a new meeting/room", but then that new room wouldn't have the info on past meetings tied to the other.

Is it possible to rename a meeting after it's created? I've looked and not found a way.

#2 2007-09-22 10:09:51

**_Terry_at_RefinedData_com_**

Re: Renaming a meeting

The best you can do is to move the existing meeting to your Template directory and then create a new meeting using that template. This gives you the opportunity to rename the meeting while retaining the layout and pod states but you will lose the room history.

Once you've created the new meeting, just delete the template version.

Hope that helps,

Terry

#3 2007-09-22 18:09:31

**_carehart_**

Well, Terry, I appreciate the thought, but that really doesn't do much for me. I said that saving the room history is the only reason I wouldn't otherwise just create a new room. Perhaps your scenario makes sense for some sort of situation where one has modified the room in some substantial way, but I have not, so it's really not a solution for me.

I'm hoping that perhaps someone else may chime in with another thought, unless it's simply not possible.

#4 2007-09-23 15:51:56

**_michael_**

Yes, its possible to rename, and all previous history is retained.  Simply go to the web admin page, click on your meeting from the My Meetings list, click "Edit Information," and change your meeting name.  All history stays intact.

Note:  The name will not dynamically change in any existing sessions of the meeting itself.  End the meeting, wait five minutes (for server memory to clear), and then re-launch.

#5 2007-09-23 16:20:06

**_carehart_**

Thanks, Michael. If only it was that easy. :-)  I did check that "edit information" option before writing. And I really thought I'd seen the option to rename meetings in the past, but I don't see it now, whether for meetings in the past or those with dates in the future. I'm not referring to any in progress. I wonder if perhaps there are levels of security where my account is not permitted to rename the meeting. I'll leave it at that and just resign myself to creating a new meeting, unless someone has any more.

#6 2007-09-23 19:59:23

**_michael_**

I just verified on both Connect 6 SP2 (licensed) and SP3 (Hosted) that, as a meeting host, I am able to update the name of the meeting.  I also tried it with and without Administrative rights, and in both cases, it worked.

So, I would recommend you call support on this one as something isn't adding up.  Make sure to note whether you are on Hosted or Licensed, and if licensed, what version of the product you are on.

#7 2007-09-24 14:51:23

**_carehart_**

Michael, thanks, but I am using a hosted account that is hosted by Adobe. I have access to the account as an Adobe User Group manager and Adobe Community Expert. I don't have access to support, as far as I know.

I have given up and simply created a new meeting room. I'll leave this for others to find here should they ever experience the same thing.

Thanks for your attempts to help.

#8 2007-09-24 15:42:03

**_mongerryan_**

Carehart,

Are you trying to change the URL of the meeting, or the title of the meeting? I think there is a misunderstanding of your question, since Michael and others are explaining how to change the meeting title.  I believe you are asking how to change the URL, which isn't possible through the meeting information page. (that I know of)

#9 2007-09-24 15:55:55

**_carehart_**

Yep, I'm trying to change a URL. I never said the meeting title, so sorry for any confusion. My opening paragraph did say, "When a new Connect meeting (room) is created, it defaults to a system-generated name with numeric values if we don't pick one."

I'd hope someone reading the entire thread would perceive that that was not referring to the meeting title. Thanks for your clarification, though, in case any others do try to chime in.

And thanks for your concurring that it doesn't seem possible, which again is what I started with. :-) If anyone can clarify for us if this is possible, please do share.

#10 2007-09-24 18:25:37

**_JohnK_**

Changing a meeting URL on a hosted account would require a global look-up to make sure no one else is using your "new" URL. That feature don't exist in the current version.

John K.

#11 2007-09-24 19:09:34

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

You can change everything about a meeting room EXCEPT the URL. If you wan to use a different URL for the room, you MUST create a new room.

Jorma_at_RealEyes

Board footer