Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2012-03-25 23:14:01

**_mvasic1_**

Adobe Connect Edge Server in China

Hello All,

We currently have Connect 8 on premises (hosted in Australia) and have a number of potential customers looking to use our system in China. What would be the best approach to setting up our service in China? What's the best way to deal with bandwidth/Chinese firewall etc..?

We are considering the following options:

---- Configure an edge server in China to talk to our origin server in Australia.
---- Set up a brand new server in China and use it purely for the Chinese clients.
---- Do not setup anything and use the current server in Australia.

What do you guys think is the best approach and why? Would you do it any differently?

Thanks!

Last edited by **_mvasic1_** (2012-03-25 23:15:02)

#2 2012-03-26 09:08:25

alistairlee

Re: Adobe Connect Edge Server in China

mvasic1 - it sounds like what you are trying to may violate the EULA for Adobe Connect.

If you're creating a managed services solution, each customer requires their own Adobe Connect account.  Please ensure you've read the licensing agreement.

#3 2012-03-26 11:11:31

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

I would start by doing some test sessions with your clients in China. You can then see how the system would perform given your existing configuration. Based on the results of that test, I would then explore your options for expanding your reach with your Connect deployment.

An Edge server would probably be the next option that I would look at, as it will help reduce the amount of bandwidth required to have sessions with your clients in China, and will likely improve their experience and lag.

The second, independent, Connect server/account doesn't seem like a great solution, especially if you are still going to be managing and using it in Australia. You would face the same connectivity and lag issues, but they would be for you.

As to the EULA issue, it all comes down to what you are tying to do. If you are just looking at expanding your reach and having clients from China be in your sessions, there shouldn't be a EULA violation. Your reseller should be able to help ensure that nothing along those lines is happening.

#4 2012-03-26 17:13:25

**_mvasic1_**

Thanks for your replies. We will be buying more licenses to avoid violating the EULA. I think the best option for us is to have an independent server in China, no Australian users will be connecting.

Last edited by **_mvasic1_** (2012-03-26 17:13:45)

Board footer