Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2012-03-23 11:19:15

**_plemaire_**

Authentification problems with LDAP accounts on Connect Mobile

Hello,

Everytime a user with a LDAP account is trying to login with Adobe Connect Mobile into any meeting room he is rejected for a "Network Error".
I don't have any problem with registered users (not LDAP) using Adobe Connect Mobile.

Is this fixable ?
Thanks for any help.

Other question : is there any official bug tracker?

Patrick

#2 2012-03-28 20:17:37

**_praha_**

Re: Authentification problems with LDAP accounts on Connect Mobile

LDAP users are supported in the Adobe Connect mobile app. I am using active directory and it worked. Can you confirm if the LDAP user can join meeting using the desktop meeting?

Also can you ask the LDAP user to launch the meeting using the web browser on the device (phone or tablet) and then once the user is authenticated, does the user get redirected to the Adobe Connect mobile app?

Did you set up SSL on the Connect server? What version of Connect are you running?

#3 2012-03-29 07:58:00

**_plemaire_**

Thank Praha for your advice.

Indeed, I recently discovered that through Safari on an iPhone the authentication works and switches to the mobile application.
But it is a little disappointing that it doesn't work directly from Mobile Connect.
Is this a known bug?

To answer your questions: YES, we use SSL with version 8 of Adobe Connect.

Best regards.
Patrick

#4 2012-03-29 16:23:20

**_praha_**

It works when I join the meeting using the Adobe Connect mobile app with my LDAP login ID and password. Does your SSL certificate was signed with MD5?

Are you running iOS 5.x on your iPhone?

To determine if your SSL certificate was signed with MD5, go to this site to check your SSL certificate:

http://www.sslshopper.com/ssl-checker.h … ECT-SERVER

Apple had stopped supporting SSL certificate with MD5. You can read the security content for iOS 5:
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4999

Specially, this is the section that discusses about MD5:
Impact: Support for X.509 certificates with MD5 hashes may expose users to spoofing and information disclosure as attacks improve

#5 2012-03-30 07:09:02

**_plemaire_**

praha wrote:

To determine if your SSL certificate was signed with MD5, go to this site to check your SSL certificate:

http://www.sslshopper.com/ssl-checker.h … ECT-SERVER

I've checked my SSL certificate as well as you had indicated and it seems alright except that I may need to install an intermediate/chain certificate to link it to a trusted root certificate. I thought it had been done but I'll post another topic to solve this.
Do you think that there is a link with my problem?

Edit : OK, I've fixed my SSL chain problem and there's still a problem with direct access from Mobile Connect.

Last edited by **_plemaire_** (2012-03-30 08:44:12)

#6 2012-04-03 19:10:04

**_praha_**

It sounds like we cannot resolve your issue over this forum. Please email me your issue to mhuynh@adobe.com.

#7 2012-04-10 10:54:52

**_plemaire_**

I have a good news. I found where was the problem...
Our server has two hostnames: one for maintenance purposes and another for users. The one that was set in the system caused an SSL certificate error that prevent the connection of users.
Once this parameter changed everything works fine with Adobe Mobile.
May be this information could help someone else?

Thanks for your help, Minh.

Board footer