Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2007-09-15 20:46:00

**_dotnetster_**

API sample app

Hi all,

Does anybody have a copy of the "firstapp.zip" jsp application that I see is referred to quite a bit.  I believe it is on the Adobe Connect Professional installation CD.  See here:

http://livedocs.adobe.com/breeze/6/xml_ … pa_fir.htm

Thanks,

dotnetster

#2 2007-09-19 13:45:37

**_dddugan_**

Re: API sample app

I can send you the firstapp.zip file if you still need it. It's 2.39MB. Email me via the forum to send me your email address privately.

Cheers.
D

#3 2007-09-29 10:46:36

**_dotnetster_**

Is there anybody out there doing much work with the API in terms of integration into existing websites?

#4 2007-10-05 10:49:54

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

If you mean embedding the presentation into a website, google has done this ex:

http://www.google.com/adwords/learningcenter/

maybe viewing the source code for this page will help

Jorma_at_RealEyes

#5 2008-02-26 09:50:46

**_naveen_rang_**

IF anyone has the copy of Firstapp.zip, Please, i request, please send me a copy.

Thanks in advance.

Naveen

#6 2008-04-04 07:39:41

**_robbart_**

dotnetster:  I have had quite a bit of experience integrating Breeze/Connect and our BEA Aqualogic Portal. 

Using the XML API, it's very easy to do, but does require some practice.  Why do you ask?

#7 2008-04-04 08:02:41

**_robbart_**

Jorma_at_RealEyes:  Connect allows users to download the generated SWF files for any movie (through the Admin). We own our copy of Connect, so the functionality may different in the hosted environment.  In addition, that functionality is dependant on the Connect license purchased. 

However, it seems that all Google did, was download the SWFs and embed them in each page.  This is a simple solution, but does disable some of the functionality one might want when using Connect.

#8 2008-04-28 08:53:26

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Hmm,

Never looked too closely into what Google did, but that sounds correct. Since in Connect when you use a URL to reach out to a piece of content it opens in a new window, I'm not sure how to embed that into a web-page. If you want tracking, and I'm only assuming thats what you mean, then yes it needs to stay within connect, unless you are using another type of tracking system.

The functionality of a hosted or licensed account is the same. So you are right to assume that you can download the content directly from the server with the correct permissions.

#9 2008-05-13 09:30:06

**_Yannick_Lorraine_**

IF anyone has the copy of Firstapp.zip, Please, i request, please send me a copy.

Thanks in advance.

Yannick (frenchy)

#10 2008-06-30 02:54:53

**_uvnpsaradhi_**

robbart wrote:

dotnetster:  I have had quite a bit of experience integrating Breeze/Connect and our BEA Aqualogic Portal. 

Using the XML API, it's very easy to do, but does require some practice.  Why do you ask?

ROb,
I am trying to integrate the XML web services in my ASP.NET application. I am sending the following series of XMLs to connect and create and find a user.
I am able to login, but i get a response of "no-AccessCode".

here is the series of XMLs I am sending.

Please help me in finding the actual issue.

Request:
<param name="action">common-info</param>

Response:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<results><status code="ok"/><common locale="en" time-zone-id="85"><cookie>breezyzwsqo2finzsvuer</cookie><date>2008-06-30T07:26:02.030+00:00</date><host>http://admin.beta.acrobat.com</host><local-host>p01brzpr46</local-host><admin-host>admin.beta.acrobat.com</admin-host><url>/api/xml?</url><version>connect_700_r706</version><user-agent>Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; Win32; WinHttp.WinHttpRequest.5)</user-agent></common></results>

Login:

Request:
"<param name="session">breezyzwsqo2finzsvuer</param><param name="action">login</param><param name="login">pupadrasta@sumtotalsystems.com</param><param name="password">********</param>"

Response:
<results><status code="ok"/></results>"

Find User:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><params><param name="session">breezyzwsqo2finzsvuer</param><param name="action">report-bulk-users</param><param name="filter-like-login">p1</param></params>

<results><status code="no-access" subcode="no-login"/></results>

Create User:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><params><param name="session">breezyzwsqo2finzsvuer</param><param name="action">principal-update</param><param name="first-name">UVN2080427802</param><param name="last-name">Saradhi341851734</param><param name="login">UVN2080427802@sumtotalsystems.com</param><param name="password">UVN2080427802$123</param><param name="has-children">0</param><param name="type">user</param><param name="email">False</param></params>

<results><status code="no-access" subcode="no-login"/></results>

#11 2008-09-02 03:21:23

**_serdar_**

ok uvnpsaradhi then i need to ask a question.

<results><status code="ok"/></results>"
when u get this  code= "ok" i need the user to see  the acrebat reader home page but when i get an "code =ok" then i try to redirect the user to connect pro homepage but it is not opened instead login page opened.

How can  i redirect user to the connect pro homepage without showing the login page of connect pro.

Board footer